First on the Scene

I read  a Bible devotion about how many of us are captivated by the first on the scene, whether it's an opening in the movie or the opening musical act. The devotion went on to discuss how awesome it was that God was first on the scene, which totally spoke to my heart.

I immediately thought of when I was first truly saved by God. When I was saved, I went from having an orphan spirit to being adopted by God, our Heavenly Father. See, God provided comfort preparing me in advance for my mom to "abandon" me. God was on the scene first, which was so clear to me in the moments and weeks following my crisis with my mom. And, God continued to be on the scene because my mom and I have a loving relationship today.

Another time came to memory where God was on the scene first, even if I didn't recognize it the moment. God provided comfort through a number of friends reaching out to me during an almost 10-day depression. None of those friends knew what I was quietly battling in my head and heart, but God did. He sent those friends to reach out, even when they likely had no idea the impact it would have and how God was trying to reach me.

I am so thankful for a God who is first on the scene, always there, and never gives up on us. He's a God who knew you first and will keep chasing you down. His love never ends, even when you can't hear or feel Him. He is there!

Scripture:
"Who has performed and done this, calling the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he."
Isaiah‬ ‭41:4‬ ‭ESV (my own emphasis added)

"And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him."
‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:20‬ ‭ESV‬‬ (my own emphasis added)

"We love because he first loved us."
‭‭1 John‬ ‭4:19‬ ‭NIV‬‬