Seeking Approval in all the Wrong Places

Confession: It's so easy for me to revert back to seeking approval in all the wrong places, which is why I'm so thankful to God safeguarding me from this when I fell susceptible to this behavior.

The Behavior: Without really thinking about it and more so following automatic behaviors and actions, I began checking all my social accounts for affirmation and approval:

I checked my work Outlook app as I was expecting a review from my boss and was impatient to see how she rated me. Then, God revealed the question, why does it matter? I realized, my boss's rating doesn't change how God feels about me.

Then, I checked LinkedIn to see how many people responded to a post I was proud of? Again, God revealed that perhaps I was letting myself think too much about what I did and not the words that the Holy Spirit gave me to write that post.

Finally, I checked my personal email to see if my faith-based coach had affirmed the draft YouTube video I sent her. But, she didn't respond and probably new not to because I've told her about my susceptibility to being an accolade-collector in order to define my worth.

The only worth I need is worth in God's eyes and that was done the day He created me in His image.

Prayer:
Father, please forgive me for falling victim to my flesh. Please renew my spirit in You and equip me to continue to fight this war between my flesh and my spirit. Thank You for safeguarding me tonight. Your love is the only love I need.

Scripture:
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:8-9‬ ‭NIV‬‬ (my own emphasis added)

"Your eyes saw me when I was formless; all my days were written in your book and planned before a single one of them began."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:16‬ ‭CSB‬‬

"So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ."
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭1:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬