Chapter 1, The beating

Gabriella's pov.

It is 4h25, I was sprinting home because I was already late.

School finishes at 4h00 so I was in a big rush.

The worst part was that I didn't even have some money left for a quick bus ride that would've probably taken me 5 minutes to arrive at home.

Looks like luck wasn't on my side today.

You might not now how I got late but let's just say that my math teacher wanted to have a little chat with me, more like a whole, long conversation.

After the bell, he asked me to stay for a bit and I did. He then started to question me about my grades and if I was okay at home and of course I lied.

I told him that I had bad grades in math because I haded difficulties doing math wich wasn't a complete lie then I just told him that I was fine at home.

That was definitely a lie.

He still didn't believe me and still continued to question me wich I, as always lied to all of his questions.

I didn't have time for this crap. I had to get home before 5h00.

After a lot of questioning, he let me off.

Ugh, he made me waste so much of my time.

Like I said, I was sprinting home, but most of the times I was trying not to fall, because of my ingered left leg.

Yup, yesterday I got a beating only because I accidentally broke a glass of water.

Usually my parents aren't home at this time wich I'm always greatful for since I have time to walk home and make dinner then I would have at least ten minutes left to clean the mess they always make before they leave for whoever knows where.

Like I said it was 4h25 and to make dinner and to clean the house actually takes some time and my parents will be home at 5h00.

It takes me 20 minutes of walk and 10 minutes of running/sprinting from home to school and from school to home.

I was currently limping when running, it was one of the worst pains ever plus I'm pretty sure I had at least 1 broken rib and some open bruises currently bleeding.

Some time later, I arrived in front of the house.

I was hesitating whether to enter or not but before I could think of it the door nob of the door started to turn.

When the door opened I couldn't believe, why they were home so early?

They usually come home by 5h00 and not by 4h35.

I already knew I was in big trouble and that this time there won't be any chances.

I was thinking if I should run away or not but I just stood there in shock.

They were both looking pretty angry and really scary.

Like usual, my stepfather had that annoying smirk on his face.