Chapter 29

(Unedited)

Antonia's anguish was continual...

"Now you know the truth." Esme spoke, numb yet hurting, and Azure's knees gave in, sobbing as Genevive held her, while Antonia looked paler than ever; her horror-filled red on Iris's unmoving body.

No sound left her mouth, her voice had deserted her the second she heard Iris howling her name, and even when she felt like there was a volcano of emotions waiting to erupt inside her, Antonia could do nothing as she lay there; subdued into the silence of grief. For so long, longer than she could even remember now, Antonia had felt nothing but hatred and anger and numbness. It was her curse; her disease. But now, after finally having her true mate bond and her vampire back, and learning what actually happened the day that she lost everything, there was only one thing she felt; absolute terrifying pain. And she felt she deserved it.

Sadly, she wasn't the only one feeling so...

"Iris never wanted your powers. She merely needed to take your pain away. She wished to protect you. Like she had always done. You carried Tulip in your womb but Iris has spent lifetimes carrying that little girl in her heart and... My anchor loved that child more than you could ever even imagine." Esme whispered weakly, tears rolling down her cheeks, and Antonia's vampire - who had finally returned - had howled in agony; feeling their mate's pain at last.

Esme turned to Kaleb and he wailed when her magic gripped him...

"I will only give you one chance to tell them the truth. If you don't, I give you my word; whatever games the Demon Princess has been playing with you? I will make them seem like a fucking joke... Now tell us everything." Esme hissed at the cowering vampire, his cries as pathetic as he was, and when he took too long; she stabbed his leg with her magic.

"Okay! Okay! Stop! Just-- Fucking stop! You are right! We-We have been lying to Antonia and helping hunters escape from the North Queen and... And we have been turning the ones who wanted to fight for our cause. It was weak and pathetic to be kicked out of our world and we-- We wanted more. We wanted what was rightfully ours! Vampires and werewolves or any of you should never even have existed! You are all abominations--" Kaleb's screams cut off his words when Esme stabbed him again, and while he screamed she laughed; sadistic.

"Oh, you poor human... Your sad story really touches my evil heart. For sure you are right and we are all abominations. That is why The Almighty blessed us with all these powers while you hide in the dark like the pests that you are. And look! Now you are a vampire too. So, you are kind of an abomination as well." Esme mocked, taking a seat on an invisible chair, and Sybil worried that she may lose control when she noticed the flecks of darkness in her golden eyes.

"Alpha was right. To kill evil I had to become it. I hated it but when I lost my son and my wife I had to... But then... Then I had to watch her sleep with woman after woman as if we were never even together just because--" This time it was Azure who trapped his filthy mouth shut, his words making her vampire growl, and Genevieve tried to pull her mate back but she had already grabbed Antonia by her throat; lifting her above the floor as her body glowed in a blue hue.

"You slept with other people after our sister marked you?" Azure's vampire had growled into her face dangerously, in tune with her magic, and Antonia had merely sobbed while Lillian remembered something.

"She has been doing it for a long time too. I... I had caught the scent of it when we went to her house but I could not even imagine that she would disrespect her mate bond like that so I let it slip. She... She has had multiple partners over the last century and most of them she used together." Lillian's wolf had inhaled Antonia's scent as they spoke, causing her vampire to weep in shame, and Azure's magic burnt so brightly that Sybil feared she might truly kill her.