Chapter 4

A/N

I write this chapter with a humble, humble, heart and a grateful conscience. Thank you for everything, my lovely readers. You people are the best.

_______________________________

A New Beginning?...

(Unedited)

The silence was heavy...

"I will not give up on these babies." Rayelle's voice was firm yet scared, her hands covering her womb, and she ignored all the supernaturals in that room only to look at her mate, her wife.  

"Athena." Rayelle called out to her mate, desperate, but Athena did not even look at her as she kept gazing out of the window and Aria wrapped an arm around her while others remained quiet.

The Queen of Angels sighed...

"These babies are not normal, Rayelle. They are vampires, royal vampires with unmatched power, and you are a mere mortal. A human. You can not possibly carry three vampires inside your body at the same time-- It has never been done before and for a good reason. Please, you have to understand, you will not survive this." The Queen of Angels pleaded gently, she adored the human too, and Rayelle's hazel eyes simmered as she regarded her.

"They are my babies. My blood runs through their veins--" Rayelle started to speak, her voice getting loud with every word, but the Queen of Demons scoffed loudly and cut her off; appalled and worried.

"And they will suck every drop of your blood before clawing their way out of your fragile body!... We know how much you long for your children but you can not possibly be serious about doing this, Rayelle. The Oracles said that together these babies will have unparallel power and your body is not made to contain that kind of energy. Nobody is..." The Demon Queen's voice was sad as she finished her words, her black heart heavy, and the Queen of Angels gave her a sad look before grabbing her hand.

"These babies are growing faster than normal human or vampire fetuses. In mere three days, you have started showing visibly and you look paler than ever which means they are drinking your blood. And they will continue doing that, weakening you every day, and... You might not even be alive to deliver them." The Queen of the Elves supplied, sullen, and June's eyes teared up as she watched the woman she loved as a sister while Alastair cried in his mate's arms.

Rayelle was silent again; her heart aching for her mate...

"Wh-what about the transformation? I-I can turn into a vampire and then I won't..." Rayelle's voice died down once she saw Anjali and Presley shaking their heads with sad eyes and Aria's hold around her tightened.

"The transformation will kill you instantly in your condition. You are...weak." Anjali winced as she said the last word, looking away from her best friend, and Rayelle's eyes once again turned to her mate who had not said a word to her since the night they found out about the pregnancy.

"I love you, Athena." Her voice broke as she spoke, watching as her mate's form tensed, and June clenched her jaw because she knew her best friend was crying silently; she had been since the moment she realized she might lose her mate. Again.

"These are our babies. Yours and mine. They are the blessing of our pure love and unbreakable bond. They are the answer to all our prayers and struggles. I haven't even carried them for a week and there is nothing I would not do for them... I know you are frightened but I know you love them too. I know you do, Athena... Do not give up on them. Do not give up on me. We need you. Now more than ever. Please." Rayelle was weeping again, begging her mate to support her, and June's heart ached for the couple.