Chapter 16

(Unedited)

A/N

Don't be confused. This chapter will show snippets of Azure and Sadie's life in Mortal Realm i.e our realm.

________________________________

Azure breathed deeply...

"Do I... Should I change my guise into a man? So it could be easier for you to introduce me to your mother as your-- what term did you use, yes, girlfriend." Azure smiled at herself, proud to remember the word, and Sadie cooed at her adorable mate; pinching her cheeks.

"No, my cute girlfriend, you don't have to turn into a man - whatever that means - because I want her to know you. The real you. My lovely mate from a magical world." Sadie's smile was the brightest, her eyes twinkling, and Azure felt her vampire swooning for their mate.

"Anything that makes you happy, my sweet Sadie... May we leave your strange vessel now? It makes me feel like I am in a coffin." Azure had looked so adorable as she said that, shifting in the passenger seat of her mate's car, and when Sadie had burst into laughter at her words; her heart swelled.

"Yeah, let's go. I can't wait to introduce you to everyone. Also, be prepared to be bombed with questions from my siblings. I love them to death but they can be too much." Sadie had removed Azure's seat belt as she spoke before quickly leaving the car and she had grinned widely as she opened the door for her.

"Home sweet home. I know I know it's not as grand as your castle but... It's mine-- ours and--" Sadie started to rant, motioning towards the small but cozy-looking house before her and had completely missed Azure's smile until she spoke.

"It's home." Azure had muttered softly, feeling in awe of the place that gave off such a warm ambiance, and Sadie was sure that even if she wasn't her mate, she would have fallen for her right then and there.

"Before we go in, are you sure Antonia and others would be fine? It felt wrong to just build them a magical community in the middle of nowhere and then leave them to it. What if they need something and we are not there to help?" Sadie had asked, once again, her voice heavy with concern, just before she knocked on the door, and Azure's vampire grinned happily; proud of their mate.

"I assure you everything will be just fine, Mate. I made sure everything they could need was provided. I built the small village with an illusion spell around it so if any human were to come near it, they would only remember it always being there. And Antonia had wished to stay behind, so she could help the humans crossing over, and protect the only remaining gateway to this world. I had to respect her choice." Azure had explained, as gentle as always, and Sadie had embraced her strong mate, relishing in the comfort her presence brought her.

Just then, the door was opened...

"Oh! Uh, Sadie? Glad to have you home at last... Who... Who is this young woman with you?" Sadie's mother, Kelly, did not even look at her as she spoke, too captured by the stunning creature before her, and when Azure smiled softly; the poor woman had gasped.

"Stop staring at her, Mom! You're making my girlfriend uncomfortable." Sadie whined childishly, clinging to her mate possessively, and while Azure smiled at her mate's actions, her mother gawped at the two.

"Girl-- Sadie Marionette Howard! Since when did you become a lesbian? And why on earth did you not tell me you have a girlfriend? A truly gorgeous one at that." Sadie winced at her mother's loud voice, hearing the sound of dishes breaking inside the house, and Azure had felt slightly intimated by the short woman glaring at her mate.

Just then, Sadie's siblings came rushing...

"I knew it! I knew she was a lesbian! I won!" Said one of them excitedly, gasping in unison as soon as they saw Azure, and Sadie looked like she was offended while still not moving away from her mate; uncomfortable with their staring.