Chapter 11

(Unedited)

Sadie was roaming the castle alone...

"Nobody will ever believe me." She had whispered, in awe of the magical world, and smiled at the vampire guards when they bowed as they passed her.

After learning that she was mated to the heir of Vampire Kingdom, Sadie had had a small panic attack and a long rant session and seeing her condition, Azure had decided to give her some space and time to make her decision before leaving with Rosita to go see the portal that had brought her mate to her. Azure had been kind enough to inform the palace about her mate so that nobody dared to make her feel uncomfortable, and Sadie had learned, as she ventured into the never-ending castle and found herself lost more than once, that the real vampires were actually really nice creatures with red eyes and supernaturally tall frames and cooked mean food.

Sadie felt like she had gone back in time...

"What secrets are you hiding?" Sadie mumbled as she found herself standing before an unusually huge door with beautiful carving on it and as soon as she raised her hand to touch it, the door opened.

Not wanting to do something wrong, Sadie had looked all around in search of a maid to inquire if she could enter only to find none, and when her curiosity got too much, she walked inside after shrugging childishly. This chamber was different than all others she had seen, it had a cold atmosphere yet the sense of comfort and warmth was undeniable, and, as if being pulled by an invisible thread, Sadie found herself venturing further inside only find herself before a large bed that had huge white curtains on all sides of it. There was someone behind, Sadie knew it for sure even when she did not know how, and her hand had trembled as she raised it to pull the curtain back only to gasp as soon as she discovered the one behind it.

Rayelle...

The woman laying before her was so beautiful that Sadie's heart ached, and it was not hard for her to guess that she was related to the stunning Princess she had had the honor of meeting; Azure, her mate. She was so full of youth, the kind that could only be achieved with immorality, and Sadie could tell that she was younger than her. Her skin was pale and soft; like snow, and her lips were red and plum; reminding her of the character Snow White. She had nit been aware of her actions as she took a seat at her bedside, grabbed her unmoving cold hand, and breathed deeply; a strange form of sadness shadowing her heart.

"What happened to you?" Sadie whispered, the same sorrow she had felt at her father's funeral striking her, and this time when someone replied to her, she was not as shocked as the last few times.

"She was betrayed." A voice had replied to her soft question, sounding bitter, and Sadie could not even look away for a moment to glance at the one who now stood beside her.

"Who-- Who did this to her?" Sadie was shocked to find her voice cracking and her eyes pooling with tears, unable to understand what was happening, and when she looked up at the one beside her, she was once again in awe.

Princess Sybil...

"Her daughter did. Struck her with a death-sleep spell as a warning to us. So that we may never go looking for her." Sybil replied, as bitter as the day she had lost her mother, and Sadie looked at Ray again; horrified.

"Why would she do that? She looks... She looks like she could never even harm a fucking tree for fuck's sake." Sadie spat, not even ashamed to have been cursing or crying, and Sybil had laughed out loud at her words; pleasantly surprised.

"I did not know you cursed like an old Merman, My lady. It is refreshing indeed... I am Princess Sybil, Azure's sister. It is an honor to finally meet you." Sybil introduced herself, her smile as charming as ever, and Sadie had blushed profusely before smiling her way; not yet ready to let go of Ray's hand.