Chapter 7

(Unedited)

At Vampire Castle, everyone prepared for the celebration...

"Has anyone seen, Azure? Lois, can you please find my daughter for me? Goddess knows only Azure can bring Sybil out of her chambers and if they are not together, we may never find Iris on our own." Ray pleaded the young Beta, looking at her helplessly, and Aria chuckled at her while Anjali and Presley merely rolled their eyes.

"Of course, mama Ray. I shall find Azure and make sure the Princesses arrive at their reception on time. You need not worry at all." Lois nodded quickly, smiling at the worried vampire, and Ray sighed happily as she watched her running away.

"You need to calm down, Ray. Teenage girls are hard to control and teenage vampires are even worse... They will be there. Just come sit with us and enjoy." Aria pulled Ray on the couch, offering her sweets, and they all looked up when someone chuckled.

Rosita, dressed in her hunter's outfit, walked up to them...

"You may say whatever your heart desires, Aria, but Ray will not listen to any words leaving your mouth when it comes to the Princesses. Trust me, I have had the privilege of watching this woman raise those three little demons and... Let's just say that Ray has her work cut out for her." Rosita grinned as she slumped into the empty seat before Ray and ignored her friend's huffing as she grabbed the grapes before munching on them happily.

"Says the vampire who has been training them in every art of war since they were five." Anjali scoffed as she threw a piece of cheese at Rosita and the woman merely smirked at her; her red eyes glowing wickedly.

Years ago, the day when the Princesses were born and Ray was blessed with her new life, the truth about Rosita's betrayal was also unleashed upon the family who loved, welcomed, and trusted her as her own. Athena had been furious and disappointed but when Ray begged her to let Rosita go, especially since she had murdered the father of her only daughter and the head of the hunters' clan while trying to save her life, the Vampire Queen had to oblige. Although, the hunters were not as gracious as the vampires, and when Rosita returned to them with her daughter, they banished her into a life of exile after snatching her child away. Devastated by their sentence, Rosita had contested the new leader for a fair battle of fists only to lose badly. After losing everything she had ever known or held dear, Rosita had found herself, once again, kneeling in front of the Vampire Queens, and it had shocked her to no ends when Ray had embraced her warmly before offering her a place in their small but loving family.

Becoming a vampire was Rosita's choice...

"What's wrong with training them for the future? I was strong as a human hunter but now I'm a lethal vampire-hunter who kills anyone who harms my family... I'm merely preparing them for any dangers that may linger in the darkness-- and I am very proud to inform you all that Iris has officially surpassed me in every single way. That child is gifted beyond compare and I do not think I am capable of training her any further." Rosita looked like the proud teacher that she was, causing the women to smile happily, and Ray smiled softly when she heard about her sweet daughter.

"Iris is really special, isn't she? She already towers her mother in height and even when she does not talk much or like to interact with anyone, even me, I just know it in my heart that my sweet girl loves us all so dearly. Especially her sisters. Only Azure and Sybil can make Iris leave her chambers or the company of her books." Ray chuckled softly, thinking of her three gems, and Rosita grinned proudly while Aria's eyes brimmed with tears.

"I remember having that sisterly bond. It's so strong and...beautiful... That union between sisters is everything." Aria's voice was heavy as she spoke, seeing her late sisters' faces in the eye of her mind, and her friends watched her with heavy hearts.