Silence Is Golden?

• Dedicated to Those who were kind enough to read this

Hey Lovies!

    This is my new story and I've been working on it really hard! umm its not finished yet so im not exactly sure if im ready for too much constructive critism but still try to be honest with me!

This is a flash forward but jst bc its a flash forward doesnt mean u have all of the facts ;)

Im also entering this into the watty awards so VOTE VOTE VOTE!!

Love you all

Cheesehead

****Also to the side is a picture of Isabel~ the main charcter X)

Flash Forward

          “Miss Dawson? Miss Dawson, are you alright?” A familiar voice asked. My head snapped up and I stared at the judge with wide eyes as if I forgot he was there. The judge looked at me with pitying eyes and I could tell already that he had taken me under his wing to protect me from the lawyers.

          “Yeah,” I nodded slowly, “I just zoned out for a second.”

          The judge gave me a small smile, “I could tell.” Then he turned to Lawyer Jones and said, “Proceed.”

          “Thank you, Your Honor,” Jones nodded before he approached the stand I was sitting in. I immediately bawled my hands up into fists and felt my cheeks flush in embarrassment.

          The minute I saw Lawyer Jones I hated him. He was the man who argued on my boyfriend being guilty. He was the guy who wanted to send the man I loved to jail. “Well, Miss Dawson, did you hear the question?” Jones pressed.

          “No,” I muttered, “Could you repeat it please?”

          “Of course,” Jones nodded, “And if you could please speak up.”

          “I’ll try,” I gulped, quickly tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

          “Good,” Jones continued as he stepped closer. I flinched lightly but he didn’t seem to notice. “So, Miss Dawson…”

          “Isabel,” I corrected, “Call me Isabel please.”

          “Isabel,” Jones smiled, “Would you mind telling me what happened the day of the shooting.”

          “I’m not really sure,” I confessed, “I wasn’t really in my right mind at the time.”

          “And why was that?” Jones pressed.

          “My boyfriend wasn’t with me,” I winced, “I was worried about him. I was afraid something would happen to him.”

          “Of course, of course,” Jones agreed, “But is there anything you remember? Something you would like to share with the court room?”

          “Um, there were some gun shots,” I confessed, “And then some screaming. Everyone ran out into the hallways to see what was going on. Luke found me right away…”

          “Could you tell the court who Luke is?” Jones interjected.

          “Luke’s my boyfriend,” I whispered, looking down at my hands on my lap.

          “Alright,” Jones nodded, “Then please continue.”

          “Luke found me in the hallway,” I continued, “He told me that someone with a ski mask pulled out a gun and who he was shooting at. Together we ran towards the exits. I tripped…tripped and hurt my ankle.”

          “I’m sorry to hear,” Jones apologized, though I could tell that he really wasn’t that sorry.

          I winced slightly and continued. “Luke carried me into an empty classroom but he didn’t think it was safe, so we hid in the storage closet, hoping no one would find us. Then Luke told me he would be right back and told me to stay put. I…I don’t remember anything after that.”

          “Why not?” Jones asked.

          “I was scared,” I shrugged.

          “Do you know where Lukas Green went?” Jones badgered. I could feel my palms get sweaty and I quickly shook my head.

          “Miss Dawson, please answer the question out loud,” The judge requested.

          “No,” I answered quickly, “I don’t know where he went.”

          “And what happened after he came back?” Jones insisted.

          I flinched and my eyes quickly filled up with tears. “I can’t…can I have a break? I don’t feel that well anymore.”

          “Of course,” The judge answered quickly. He gave me a sympathetic look before he raised his gavel. As he was about to tap it on the mallet Jones quickly said, “Could I just have one more question?”

          “Alright,” The judge grumbled, lowering the gavel.

          Jones looked at me with narrowed eyes as if he suspected I was lying. “Isabel, do you believe that Lukas Green killed someone while he was gone?”

          For the first time since I stepped in the court room, I looked up at Luke. He stared at me with piercing brown eyes as if daring me to answer wrong. I gulped loudly and flinched as I realized that I had to answer. I continued to stare at Luke as I answered, “Yes, I think he did.”