1

"Chief Bailey. I think something is wrong with these test. Can you take one so we know it's a real negative." Carina said coming into her office

"Yeah sure give me a second." Miranda responded finishing up and email she was sending.

Carina handed her a specimen cup and two test.

"Why did you give me two?"

"Because that one is faulty. Stick that one in there first to see the results. Then check with the other brand."

Miranda walked to the bathroom and did as told. She washed her hand and walked back out to wait the five minutes.

"You have a baby potty, by your toilet?"

"Yes, I'm potty training Pru. We have one in every bathroom in the house and when she leaves daycare we camp out in here until I finish paperwork ,so we potty train here too."

"How is that going?"

"She's getting the hang of it. She tells me after the fact now. She doesn't like to be wet at all so she tells me as soon as she goes, but I need her to tell me when she has to go." Miranda explained. "I'm taking off on Friday so I should have her completely trained by Sunday."

"Is having kids as hard as everyone makes it out to be? As you know, Maya and I agreed to have a baby. It's something that I have always wanted. I deliver babies then that's it." She asked sitting on her couch.

Miranda sat on the other end before speaking.  "Having children is hard and you have to be mentally prepared because that little human being needs you for everything. They are selfish they want what they want, when they want it. Your sleep or well-being does not matter to them. But they are yours. You will love every single thing about your baby. Once they are in your arms nothing else will matter. You just want to love and protect them. No one prepares you for how much you will love your child."

Carina nodded and thought about what she said.

"How does Bishop feel about it?"

"She was scared, but inferno I am too."

Miranda laughed at her choice to say hell in Italian.

"I think you two will be great mothers."

"Thank you Chief."

"You're welcome."

Carina hopped up and went to go check the test. "Mmm it says positive."

"So there is something wrong with the test. Just call the company and let them know. They will do a recall." Miranda said standing before walking back over to sit at her desk.

Carina put the other test in the cup and waited for the results.

"This ones positive too." She informed running her fingers through her hair. "Chief Bailey are you pregnant?" Dr.DeLuca asked looking up at her.

"No,  I can't be. It's wrong. It has to be wrong." Miranda stammered.

"This brand was the faulty one, and this one wasn't. I got this test from the clinic."

Miranda eyes widened and she felt like she was going to be sick.

"Can you run a full blood panel?" Miranda asked quickly. She was just praying that her white blood cell count wasn't high.

"Of course. Let's go to the examining room in my office."

Miranda grabbed her pager, cellphone and white coat walking down behind Carina.

She walked in and sat on the table. Dr.DeLuca checked her blood pressure and heart rate.

"Your blood pressure is high."