Chapter 2: Hardy Escape

Xiao Point of View

"Ugh. This is so stupid. Why'd he have to put us in the stupid watch guard position?"

"Shut up before he hears you!" the other fatui talked back.

"Lazy assholes... but I do want them to leave..." Xiao mumbled under his breath. He had already tried escaping multiple times, but none of the attempts had worked. Every single part of this prison was rigged so that there were pressure plates everywhere, and if Xiao stepped on one, and sensed his karma, it would admittedly sound the alarm, and tranquilize him.

Shit... there's no way that I can get out of here without getting killed. I hope you're still somewhere out there Lumi...

"Hey, you!" Xiao turned his head slightly. "What are you muttering about? If you're planning another escape, don't think you'll be able to get out this time!" the fatui growled.

"Well, I'll leave you with him. Try not to kill yourself." The second guard said, and left."

The first guard continued to talk to Xiao. "If you thought I was planning an escape," he said, getting up and walking over the bars to where the fatui stood. "You were wrong. The only thing I planned on doing was this." Xiao hand slithered out of the bars, and grabbed the fatui's neck and bashed his head against the bars of the cage.

The fatui fell. Xiao sighed.

That takes care of the trash. Now what am I going to do?

Then he looked at the guard's shoulder and noticed something.

Tranquilizer dart. It shot him?

Then it dawned on Xiao. It had shot becaused that it had sensed Xiao's karma outside of the bars, and when he had slipped it back in, it hit the guard. The other reason why this place was so heavily guarded, from the outside, was because there was only one tranquilizer dart sensor in each room, and they were all rigged so that the moment that it could sense the karmic energy, it would shoot.

That explains everything... especially why there are only one to two guards that guard my cage. Wait a minute...

Xiao's eyes widened.

They can also sense through walls.

He smiled. He could use this to an advantage. He knew that there after each shot, it needed to reload, and reloading the tranquilizer machines took about an hour. Xiao teleported out of his cage, to stand behind the wall, and then he heard it fire, and a guard outside fell.

One down, 16 more rooms to go.