Chapter 5: Deserted Moorlad of Terrors

A/N: I think this is the shortest chapter I've ever given you guys... sorry!

"T-this..." The red moorland, littered with bones. "This is worse than the last time I came here...."

"Welcome to Khaenri'ah. The very gates of hell."

"Uh... Lumine, I don't know if you're kidding, or you're serious anymore..." Paimon looked around worriedly.

"No, I'm quite serious right now." Lumine gave a fake smile. "Let's have some fun here, shall we?" she took a look around. "Okay, so first of a-"

"Perish! I was stupid enough not to be able to catch you the first time, but you won't get me again!"

"Get him! Get the hostage!"

"Xiao! You don't dare lay a finger on him!" Lumine blasted into golden light, suddenly appearing in front of Xiao, throwing the fatui of foot, grabbing one by the throat. "Die here!". Despite the man's efforts, she twisted his neck, killing the fatui.

"Lumine!" Xiao hugged her.

"Xiao... are you alright? Did they hurt you?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Rest. I'll deal with the rest here, and then we'll take you back home."

"Home..?"

"Yes. Just rest."

"Hm..." He closed his eyes, and Lumine turned around. "I won't let you get away this time!" she snarled.