Chapter 11: The Harbor of Screams

Lumine's eyes widened. "Xiao, stay here with Nahida. Order Keqing to bring troops out to the Harbor. I will hold them off with everything if I am required to do so."
"No! Mate..." Xiao hesitated.
"Xiao, you still need to recuperate. If you don't, how are you going to protect me next time?" Lumine hugged Xiao. "Nahida.  Please watch over him for me. If there is any emergency, the Archon's are not allowed to fight. They are to take the other adepti and go back to Mondstadt. If the fatui chase you down, you have my full consent to kill them. Accidentally, of course." Lumine stepped towards Kazuha. "Let's move immediately."
Nahida could only nod, and gestured for Xiao to follow behind. Xiao watched as Lumine and Kazuha sprinted away, keen eyes follwing them.
Nahida watched Xiao's longing eyes, and noticed the tension in Xiao's muscles. Nahida could only silently laugh to herself. Lumine has no idea how much this will scar Xiao if she gets injured this time. "Xiao. Have faith in her majesty."
Xiao could only stare at the space that Lumine and Kazuha had left in. "...I only wish she returns safely."
Nahida nodded. "That is the hope for all of those in the harbor."

Time Skip~ (Due to the fact I can't write fight scenes for life-)

A horn sounded. "Medics! Report the front!"
Xiao jumped, staring at that the direction from the sound of the horn. He quickly disappeared, leaving Nahida behind, and rushed through the throngs of people, finally spoting a particular blonde, lying on a stretcher. Xiao's breathe hitched, and he felt himself gasping for air. "L-Lumi?"
If that girl really was Lumine, she showed no acknowledgement to Xiao's precense. Medics surrounded her, and he spoted Furina among them. Xiao slowly approuched, horror only increasing by the second as he recogized the girl figure more and more.
"Xiao." the tall white haired male approuched him. "It seems you have a vistor. She request you come immediately."
"But Lumine..." Xiao tries to argue back, but Nevuliette shakes his head.
"Her daughter has reached this state and she still does not act... she is most likely convinced Lumine will be fine. Before anything else, you must come with me."
Xiao hesitated, looking back at Lumine. "Who are they?"
Nevuliette looked at him, a sorrowful smile etched on his face. "The Old Ones can not be stopped, even in death. As for the others... surely you know what I'm talking about now?"
"Lumine's mother?"
"And some old friends. Just don't talk too loud when you see them."
'Brother and sister Yaksha... surely it couldn't be you... right?'

A/N: Hey guys! It's been years since I've last posted... I feel quite guilty, to be honest. I continuously tell you that I'll post soon, but I don't... that aside, make sure to check out my convo in my profile to know my posting schedule! Hope you all have a great day/night!