Chapter 8: Goddess Warning

Xiao awoke, blinking. For the first time in a while, he had slept soundly, and no nightmares disturbed him. It felt good.

"Xiao? Your awake?"

Xiao shuck himself fully awake and turned his head to the source of the voice. What he saw shocked him. Lumine entered the room, bloody, and her hair messy. "Lumine? What happened? How long have I been asleep?"

"Hm, you've only been asleep for a day, no need to worry about so much. What happened though..." she hesitated before lowering her voice. "Had to through out some of my anger. Especially when the little bastards are out and about, still trying to find you and kill you."

"...That's no excuse for killing."

"Killing? Who said I was killing anyone?"

"There's blood all over you."

"Ah. Yes, I did draw a little blood, after they pissed me off." She pointed to a currently healing scar, that obviously a large wound, and was just bleeding moments ago."

Xiao sighed and slipped out of bed. He was in his normal attire, and he quietly slipped off to the balcony of the room. "I'm getting some air."

"'Kay. I'm off to get myself cleaned up."

Xiao slipped out onto the balcony. The sky, shined, full of stars. Every one of them seemed to almost be a new sun, but one, in particular, shined brightest. Xiao shook his head.

I need to pay attention to my surroundings while admiring scenery. That night was not being cautious enough, and that's how I got caught.

The wind gave carried a gentle breeze, and he could almost make out words from the wind.

Spectacular Gold, Wings so bright,

Guide Peace and Night,

For all not stay quiet

"What is that supposed to mean?" he muttered.

My daughter would be jealous to see that I speak to you instead of her.

"Who... Your Majesty?"

Yes. I am my voice is only just a breeze, due to the fact that someone has finally allowed me to speak.

"Allowed you... to speak?"

Haha! Yes, you think this is strange. You have released my voice. I can speak, but my time is limited. Because it is you who has released me, only you can hear me.

"But... how can you speak? Aren't you..."

Dead? That doesn't upset me anymore, for I am one of them. Thanks to Lumen, she has allowed us a choice, to forever rest, or roam the Garden of Voices. The garden is open to all souls, good or bad, but if they try anything dangerous, of course, they are put down. Truthfully, I think you would very much enjoy this garden. Even they choose to roam the garden, watching you.

"They... they're there? They are in that garden you speak of?"

They still care, young Atalus. They truly worry. They watch. But currently, that is not the point. Your children, the Twins of Fate, are fated a destiny. It's your job to make sure they are prepared. So... you must do all it takes, or the future of Celestia and Teyvat may very well be destroyed. I must leave now, young Atalus. My time is limited, and it's done now. Beware, for the current enemy is close.

"Xiao! Watch out!"

A/N: How do you like that? Haha! I think I'm going to post the second chapter that I was supposed to post with this the other chapters because I like leaving people on cliffhangers. Siya~!