Chapter 11

LEXY'S P.O.V

"Home!" Veronica burst out came inside the house and left her heels by the door.

"Sweety, it's not how you can..." Aunt Deborah tried to ask her nicely but she cut it.

"Mom! I'm not into any speech right now." She glared at me.

"You have to stop act like jerk, girl." Justin tossed the sport magazine he read to the table rudely.

"You stop controlling my life." She was about to run upstairs but stopped before me. "And stepping into my life."

"Chill. I'm moving out." I stood up.

"Better be." Veronica stared at me like I was a piece of garbage.

"VERONICA!" Uncle Brad was on his highest pitch.

"What?! Why is everybody supporting her so much for taking the guy I love away from me?! Remember who's your blood daughter!"

She stormed before my eyes and few seconds later slammed her door. Dammit. Tried so hard not to cry but I finally lost the battle. It hurts so bad. Too deep. I know my Dad's sick back in Manila and I came here to help my family out from the hardest time we've been having, trying to be the one my parents can hang their hopes on to, but it doesn't justify her like it's okay to tell me such stuff. I don't take Toby away from her. He came to me without any warning. I have told him to leave. But humanly deep inside, I'm happy he's around. He's the one person who more likely will never hurt me. But I know how hurt it is for Ve as well, so I left. Happy?

"Lex, leave it alone. Don't cry." Justin tried to calm me.

"That one was..." I took a deep breath. "Wow."

"I'm truly sorry sweetheart." Aunt Deborah hugged me too.

"Thank you for staying by my side." I whispered. This little family's been so caring to me.

I decided to excuse myself to sleep earlier tonight. More likely my head's pounding from crying too hard. They let me with some space. But til 3 am I'm still wide awake. Didn't know what to expect for tomorrow. Maybe apartment life wouldn't be that hard. Right? But deep inside I wonder as if I would make any friends. Because last time I checked, my high school didn't work out that much.

"Good morning. Uhm...I'd like to meet Ms. Gina, please."

This is it. I've arrived at the campus by before 10. And immediately found the admission table across my SAT room. Still the same nice lady.

"You mean Georgina?" She kindly asked.

"I'm not sure about her full name but I guess she is." I took my Letter of Acceptance from my purse and gave it to her.

"Oh! Right. Ms. Georgina Aberdeen. Could you please follow me, honey?" She stood up.

"Thank you very much." I nodded politely.

We entered this small room like a meeting venue and the nice lady asked me to sit. I nervously followed every instruction. Another 10 minutes to spend and I was still shaking like a baby. Wanted to sneeze or ran away, I don't know. Complicated. I tried to remember the direction from outside the gate to where I was now, because very soon this gonna be my home.

"Morning! Lexy?" A very beautiful brunette young woman came by and said hi.

"Oh good morning Ma'am." I shook her head.

"Cmoooon you're too stiff." She hugged me. "Call me Gina."

"And Lexy, once again." I chuckled.

"You ready to take a look at your new home? Follow me."

Gina and I were walking along this huge corridor. I bet I have walked across the first building where I once was. Because just realized, this huge corridor was actually an in-building bridge which connected the main building to apartment.

"Over here. Yours is in the 10th floor." She pressed the number 10 as we were in the elevator. "So...tell me a bit about yourself. Where you from?"

"Uh it's kinda hard." I smiled softly. "I was born in Manila, Philippines, but been here for the rest of my life. I actually spent no more time than school periods in Manila because most of time my family brought me to Orlando."

"So you're familiar with the sunshine." She giggled.

"Nothing's changed much."

"Hahaha. Right. Glad you're finally staying still, Lex. We're gonna be best friends I guess?"

"Thank you so much. And yes, would love to be."

"So...about me." Gina pleased me to go out first from the elevator. "I'm a senior here. But since my father is one of lecturers here, the dean asks me to help take care of the residence."

"Oh." I smiled at her. "Sounds very cool."

"Yeah. Nothing more than welcoming you guys every year and call chosen people like you to stay here. Mine's that one." Gina pointed to two doors by my left.

"Awesome. We're on the same floor." I kinda cheered. Happy to know I got a friend.

"Yes. The perks of being a planner. I can get you onto the same floor as mine because I sense you're a good companion." She winked. "Welcome to your room!"

I saw an all white room, nice lighting, one big window, an elevated bedroom with some reading space below. Move forward I got a bathroom of my own, dresser, computer table, and small kitchen corner. All I did was wow-ing this because all's too perfect.

"Gina...you're kidding me." I widened my eyes.

"You're welcome." She smirked. "Since you're here, when will you move in then?"

"What about tomorrow?" I smiled bitterly. It's time to get a life.

"I'll help! I have no class tomorrow but my parents will be out of town for granny's birthday. I'm coming with you!" She danced along. "What about a sleepover at mine tonight?"

"What?" I blinked my eyes repeatedly.

"Eye-to-eye talking, ladies night?" Gina held my shoulders.

"Count me in." I hugged her. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome." She whispered back.