21. Elliot and Adriana

Lexie and Meredith walk on the hall after the surgery. Cristina towards them. "What did you miss when Ellis talked to you about bees and flowers?" She says with mocking tone.

"You met Elliot too, didn't you?" Lexie sighs.

"And the girl too. Anyways. I'm not saying you were the last person I thought would get knocked up when we were kids, but you were the last person I thought would get knocked up."

"Why is it so hard to people to believe this?"

"Because you are Lexie?" Meredith says.

"And what the hell does that mean?"

"You were too pure. Too young." Cristina says.

"And I was in relationship with Mark Sloan."

"Point taken. Still I would think you would be careful enough to care about protection."

"Why are we still having this conversation..." Lexie mutters under her breath. "My first kiss was Ryan Tanner in party during our freshman year." She says and watches how Cristina and Meredith both stop like they had just walked to a wall. She smiles at herself. She had just distracted those two and started heading to her office.

As she steps in she sees Adriana and Elliot sitting there talking about how she was ready to quit the tutor gig. "How are you?" Lexie asks.

"Fine I guess. How's the dude?" Elliot answers.

"He'll live thanks to you." She smiles at her kids. "Why are you here?"

"I delivered clothes. After all I'm his favorite sister." Adriana answers.

"Hah. Only sister. Speaking of... The other Dr. Grey..."

"That's my sister. You're not wrong." Lexie looks bit ashamed.

"When are we going to meet your family?" Adriana asks.

"I don't know." Lexie answers honestly.

"We met this guy named Derek. Who's he?"

"Yeah Meredith mentioned him too." Elliot looks at her sister knowingly.

"If I understood correctly, my brother-in-law. He also was your dad's best friend when we were kids. Now no one really knows what they are." Lexie sighs.

"And Dr. Yang?"

"Meredith's best friend since forever." Lexie sighs again. The twins look at their mother wanting answers. So she tells them about this weird family situation for the first time. "My mother had three best friends in high school. Helen, Carolyn and Claine."

"Link, Jo and Jackson?" Adriana asks.

"Yeah. They were my Link, Jo and Jackson growing up. We were basically born in three groups. The boys, the middle and the young. Carolyn and her husband Cristopher had a kid. Derek was born same year as your dad but in January. Your dad's parents Claine and Carl. Lovely people. Hate me for breaking their baby boy's heart." She takes small break looking how Adriana cracks at her 'joke' before continuing "Helen's kid Christina is the third. On April 1990. Meredith was born about a month later . That's the middle. And the young. Derek's little sister Amelia was born February same year as I did. That makes me the youngest of six."

"Not that you're that young." Adriana says and Elliot laughs. Lexie gives them a look. "What? It's our job to make you feel old when it's your birthday."

"Anyways... Meredith and mine dad left when I was four. Cristina's parents broke up when she was even younger. Her stepfather Saul Rubenstein stepped into the mess we called family when I started first grade. Her real dad died the next year in car crash. That's what made all of us rely on Your grandfather and Cristopher more than before."