19. Elliot

Their nanny had called that morning that she was in a flu. Elliot had plans with his friends and Adriana was supposed to tutor some friend who was in summer school so they couldn't watch their brothers either. That is the first time ever they took the boys to daycare. Elliot and Adriana had spent good amount of time there when they had been younger but back then Lexie had been single and had been a resident.

Lexie parks the car, and they get up. Mark takes the twins and Easton goes with his mommy. They see Callie and Arizona with their own baby girl Sofia when they enter the elevator. "Morning." Mark says politely.

"Morning Mark... And your party?" Callie answers after seeing the boys.

"I could swear there were more of Little Sloans." Arizona asks.

"Easton the middle, Elian and Asher in that order." Lexie says pointing at the boys "Then there are Elliot and Adriana, but they are Grey and 15. I don't think they would want to go to daycare anymore."

"15? Are you their stepdad or?" Callie asks.

"Bio. They just wanted to stay Grey." Mark tells. He got over the fact that his kids didn't want his last name a long time ago.

They don't ask anything else before they enter the attending's lounge. "What do you mean 'wanted to stay Grey'?"

"He came around when the twins were eight. We got married when they were ten and we gave them a choice. Grey or Sloan." Lexie tells her.

"Okay you named them the way that Sloan wouldn't fit." Mark says arguing.

"Eden Adriana Sloan, Elliot Aron Sloan they do not sound that bad. They just didn't want to change their names. And what if I would have given them names that didn't fit Sloan? It's not like you were ever supposed to come around. Nor did you think they would ever be born."

"Point taken." Mark says defeated.

"Okay... I just did the math." Arizona says. "If you're 32 now and they are 15 that means you were 17. When did you have time to become one of the best surgeons on country? I mean I see lot of teen moms. At the end of the day I don't see many of you who make it through college."

"She's 33 and if you don't want to feel bad for yourself you don't want to know how she got through the schools." Mark tells them as Lexie closes the bathroom door so she can change her clothes.

"33 since when?" Callie asks.

"This morning." Mark says smirking.

"Shut up." Lexie yells from behind the door and few seconds later returns the room.

"It's you birthday?" Arizona asks.

"No! Yes but no. You heard nothing I don't do my own birthday" Lexie says.

"Why not." Callie asks.

"The moment your family forgets it, it doesn't feel like it's worth celebrating."

"You forgot your wife's birthday?" Arizona asks now.

"No. Her mother and her sister and who else belongs to that group she calls family forgot her birthday. She had just dumped me. I didn't feel like I wanted to see her."

"How old were you?"

"Why are we still talking about this? Yes it's my birthday. No I don't tell people about it because it's not important and no. I'm fully aware that you're going to do something about it anyway." Lexie says and at the end of the sentence she is pointing at Mark.

"I won't be doing anything. Boy scouts promise!" Mark yells after his wife who just left the room.

"You were never a boy scout!" They can hear Lexie's voice when Mark turns back to Callie and Arizona.