Goodbyes

Samantha's POV

After the police left with Chloe, we follow them to the police station where she was charged with first degree murder and attempted murder. Even though I am glad in safe now that she's in prison I couldn't help but feel bad and a little bit guilty about everything. She never had or felt the love of her really mother and I can't begin to understand what she feels or is going through.

Our parents were informed that we were at the police station and rushed there. I couldn't bring myself to look at my dad when he arrived. Did he know mum had a daughter before she met him? If he did why didn't he accept her as his own. If he didn't how would he feel if he found out especially this way? Why does life always complicated?

After we arrived home from the station, I decided to have a shower and go to bed. I had had a very very long day and just wanted to sleep my worries away. I had gotten under my cover and was about to turn off my lights when I heard a faint knock on my door. I sadly removed my cover and went to open my door. "I really want to sleep," I said said as I opened it. "Should I come back later?,," my dad asked. I shook my head and gave him space to walk in. He sat in the chair opposite my bed and I sat on my bed looking any where but at him. For the first time ever my dad and I sat in awkward silence. None of us making a move to break it.

"Samantha," my dad finally said, "talk to me. Aiden told me what happened l. At least what he know happened." I sighed, "It was nothing." "Nothing?," he asked, "Nothing? You almost got killed for Heaven's sake."

I looked at him my anger beginning to surface. "I know," I hissed, "I was there. I was the one who almost got killed. Not you, me. So please stop behaving like you got the worst side off it."

I immediately regret my words as a pool of guilt filled me when I looked into his eyes. Pain. Hurt. Disappointment. Embarrassment. All present.

I breathed in and out several times before speaking again. "Dad, um sorry. I am just angry with a lot of people, right now?" I sighed and passed my hand though my hair messing it up.

"Honey, what happened?," he said placing a hand on my shoulder, "you look shaken up." "Yeah, well I just found out I had an elder sister I never knew about. So yeah I'm shaken up." I stared at him to gauge his reaction. He closed his eyes and sighed, "You know?," he asked. I looked at him with wide eyes, "You knew?" I got up from the bed shaking my head. "Honey, listen," he pleaded trying to calm me down.

"No," I said fighting back my tears, "There is a girl out there who has lived without the care of her real mother, and you are here telling me to listen?" I passed my hand through my hair pulling it out. "Because of that she hates me and wants to kill me. How could Mum do that? How could she she so heartless and inhuman-"

"Samantha!!" I jumped slightly as my dad's loud voice echoed through my room. "I know you're hurt and angry right now but that doesn't give you the right to talk about your mother like that."

I felt my whole body shake as I sat on the floor in tears. I felt a hand wrap around me and I cried into his arms. "I almost died dad," I sobbed into his shoulders. "I know honey. I'm sorry," he whispered. I continued weeping for sometime until the tears didn't come again.

"You must know something. Your mum loved Chloe as much as she loved you." I removed my head from his shoulders and looked at him. "She went to her graduation party and got wasted. She was taken advantage of by some drank guy and found out she was pregnant a few week later. She was now going to college and couldn't be taking care of a child. So her parents, your grandparents, gave a suggestion. She should give the child to a friend of theirs, the Roys, and she can get the child back when she has gotten a doctorate degree. So she agreed." Dad sighed as he continued.