Dinner

48 hours to the Christmas Eve Dinner.

Samantha's pov

Last night Liz and I binge-watched TVD episodes till midnight. I'm not even sure we had dinner, well unless popcorn and gummy worms count. Dad and Seth from the movies arrived a little after ten and went straight to bed. Which meant I had still not told him about going back yet.

We left the house around six-ish to beat the traffic but still arrived after eight. Yes, that's nashville traffic for you. Liz decided to join us to 'help' but we both knew she wanted to see a particularly somebody. I didn't complain as long as their lovie-dovie nonsense doesn't get in the way of our work, I'm all for it. Sorry Blake.

We started setting up the table decorations, and sit placement. Jake and I did the name placement, while the others decorated the tables. Well everyone else except Liz and Luke. I mentally rolled my eyes at the two. Around twelve, Aunt Amanda arrived to help us set up.

"Okay,Children," Aunt Amanda said almost two hours later. Aiden groaned, "We are not children." She walked over to him and hit him on the head. "No matter how old you are sweetie, you'll always be my baby boy," she said in a baby voice kissing him on his cheek. His face immediately flushed and the boys laughed. "Mummy's boy." He glared at them causing them to laugh harder.

"Anyway, teens and tweens," she turned to Aiden, "Is that better?" He nodded. "You have worked so hard on this and the place is turning out amazing. So... I am inviting all of you for dinner this evening." The twins cheered, "Mrs. Chrisssss. I was thinking about her food all day." I chuckled at their childishness. "Don't forget, dinner is at 7. Dress well," with at she said goodbye and left.

"Are you coming?," I asked the blonde boy next to me. He looked at me and smiled, "I'm pretty sure I was invited so why not. Or you don't want me to come?" He frowned. I shook my head, "Why wouldn't I won't you there? Come." His smile reappeared, "Well I know someone who wouldn't want me to?," he said staring behind me. I turned to see him looking at Aiden.

"Why would you say that?," I asked confused. "You are stupid. Cute but stupid. Everyone within a three-mile radius know that he doesn't like me." I sighed. Boysssss "Don't worry, okay? I'll still come." I nodded.

"Would you two work and stop flirting already?," someone screamed from across the room. For a moment I thought they were talking to us but turned to see Liz and Luke holding their hands up in defense. I was relieved that no one saw us, but that didn't last long. I turned to see Aiden looking at Jake and I. I hadn't realized how close we had gotten and involuntarily took a step back. He looked at me for a few more seconds before turning away. "I'm coming." I looked up to see Jake away. I stood there just looking around when my eyes met Chloe's. She winked and mouthed 'told you so'. I shook my head and went back to work

♡♡♡

Well time jump to six thirty in the evening. Half an hour to get ready and I hadn't even showered. My family was ready waiting for me downstairs while Liz was going through my things for the 'perfect' dress. I enter the bath room and came out ten minutes later. Brushed my hair and put on the dress Liz had chosen. It was a wine, flare, bare back, knee length dress.

 It was a wine, flare, bare back, knee length dress