4: Meet Up

|| Sun's POV ||

"You are NOT leaving the daycare tomorrow," Moon had said to me in an angry tone. "What? Why not?" I ask, bewildered and upset. Why is he so mad all of a sudden? Doesn't he want me to have friends? "Are you just upset he didn't invite you? Because I can ask if-" he cut me off. "No. I just don't want you to be hanging out near them. They're a bad influence on you and I don't want you to take any of those traits from them." I was very offended by this. "Bad influence!? They tried to help me! They make me feel better! How are they a bad influence!?" I shout. Sure, Roxanne and Montgomery are rude, but that doesn't mean Chica, Freddy, and DJ are. They're some of the sweetest people I've met! "Just go to sleep. Now. And you don't get to use the bed anymore," Moon said, annoyed. I reluctantly complied.

The next morning I was thinking about how I was going to meet up with them without Moon knowing. I could go while he's asleep... but I don't think that's a very good idea. I put on my uniform and went to go sit by the entrance once again. You know the drill. Get the kids checked in and settled then start activities. Once it was nap time, I made sure Moon was busy. After confirming that he was, I bolted to an 'employees only' door (which lead to other places in the mall (said so Moon)) as fast and quietly as I could. When I tried to open the door, the lights went completely out, leaving me in darkness. Suddenly, something grabbed my hair. Or someone rather. I yelped as I was dragged to somewhere I didn't know. "LET GO! STOP IT!" I yelled despite knowing they wouldn't. I was then shoved into some shelves as a door slammed shut and being locked from the other side. I then knew what happened and where I was.

Moon forced me into the closet again.

"MOON WAIT! I'M SORRY! I WON'T LEAVE!" I yelled out, even if nobody could hear me (besides the kids if they were awake). I began to bawl my eyes out, sobbing loudly. I kept crying out for someone, but nobody came. Eventually, I just stopped yelling and continued to sob uncontrollably. I waited and waited for what felt like three hours. I could tell the kids were awake by the lights being on and the shrieks of joy and laughter. After a while, I felt tired and like vomiting, so I just closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. The last thing I remember hearing was adults chattering. Then silence...

[MM: It was a little past closing time, and I decided to explore the daycare. I hopped out of the vent that was inside the daycare and looked around. The room was dimly lit and one of the daycare attendants were asleep. Wait, one? Where's the other? DJ said there were two. I began to walk around with my cymbals, keeping an eye out for the other attendant. Then I heard soft snoring as I got closer to a door. "The supply closet?" I ask myself quietly, "Why would anyone be in there?" I tried to turn the knob on the door but couldn't. It was locked. Luckily, I'm a professional at lock-picking. After successfully u locking the door, I opened it. I stated in horror as the other daycare attendant fell face-flat on the floor. I kneeled down and examined his head. There was definitely going to be a bruise due to falling... oops.]

I opened my eyes to see that everything was blurry and I was flat on the floor. I got onto my knees when I noticed someone standing in front of me. "Uhm... h-hello..?" I stuttered. The unknown person helped me up, making sure I was okay. "S-so.. uh.. who are you?.. If you don't minds me asking.." I said, nervously. "Oh right- I'm Lil' Music Man but my brother likes to call me 'M&M.' He told me about you! Isn't your name something like Sunshine?" he replied, "I know it was something with 'Sun' in it." "Ah, it's just Sun," I say, scratching the back of my neck. 'Lil' Music Man.' That's like DJ's name. Then again, they look alike... but Music Man is a lot smaller. He also has cymbals which is cool. "Well anyway, I'm going back to the vents," he says, waving at me as he turns away. "W-wait!" I say, causing him to look back at me. "Where do the vents take you..?" I ask. "Anywhere! Well, anywhere there's another vent. It's really easy to get around! Why do you ask..?" he questioned. "Can I come with you? If you don't mind, of course. Yesterday I said I'd meet up with DJ today, but I still haven't yet."