1: A New Career

|| No POV ||

"Alrighty, now to head back," Sun said to himself. He was out getting groceries for himself and his friend- and roommate -Moon. As he was walking back (he didn't have a car) he noticed a poster. A help wanted poster. It was a mall that is opening soon called the Pizzaplex. "Ooohh, this looks fun!" Sun excitedly said to himself. He took a picture of the poster and continued back to his home.

When he arrived, Moon was slouching on the couch while staring at his phone screen. "Hey! I'm back! And I found this cool help wanted poster!" Sun had shouted. "Yeah yeah, whatever," Moon said dismissively. Sun put the groceries into he counter (not bothering to put them away) and went to his room. He got on his laptop and checked his phone for the poster. There was a link to their site so you can apply for any of the jobs. When he searched up the link, he began scrolling down to see what he could apply for. One of them caught his eye. "MOON! COME HERE!" Sun shouted.

Moon came into the room and sat down next to him. "What is it?" he asked, staring at the screen. It was a job application for a Daycare Attendant. "Can we do it? Can we?" Sun asked eagerly. Sun really loves children, so this job was a hit for him. "Ugh, really? You could've chosen any other job, and you want this one?" Moon complained. Moon, being the complete opposite of Sun, hates kids. He just wants to tear their little screaming, crying, complaining heads right off their necks. "It sounds really fun! And we really do need a job anyway," Sun stated, knowing he was right. They were both unemployed and seeking a well-paying career. Moon groaned, knowing that Sun wasn't wrong in the slightest, so he just said "Fine."

Apparently, they would both have to stay there at the Pizzaplex, so they had to pack some stuff before they went. Four days later, they got an Uber to come pick them up and drop them off at their new home and career. Honestly, it's better than living in some crappy apartment with expensive rent and terrible landlords. Anyway, they arrived and their employers (who were wearing black suits) greeted them. They showed the duo to where they'll be staying and working. After dropping their stuff off, the two employers went off to show them a tour of the whole Pizzaplex. Well, show one of them at least.

"Sorry," the first man said, "but you're not allowed to leave this area." Sun looked at him, confused. "What? Why not?" he asked, "How come Moon gets to leave but I don't?" "You see," the second man started, "he is only here for getting the kids to sleep during their nap time and watch over them during that period. However, you're free to leave the area at 22:00, but must be back by midnight." Sun nodded, a bit dejected. While Moon got a tour, Sun went and unpacked their stuff. They were staying at the top of the balcony. There's a door the leads to a ladder which leads to the room they're staying in.

|| Sun's POV ||

As I was unpacking, I noticed two outfits. One was blue, purple, and black with yellow stars and a yellowish-grey mask which was half a moon. Probably belongs to Moon then. The other one had red and yellow striped pants; a red, orange, and yellow small skirt; a yellow and orange shirt with red ribbons and orange stripes on the sleeves; and a mask that covered the right side of my face and was yellow with yellowish-orange triangles. Wait... at the wrists was red ribbon and... LITTLE BELLS!? 'OHHH I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!' I squealed in my head. When I finished unpacking, I immediately tried on my outfit. It suit me so well and it was really really comfy!

As I was admiring myself in the mirror, Moon had come back. The moment he saw me, I could tell he was trying not to laugh. "Whuh-huh-.. what the hell are you-" he attempted to say, bursting into laughter. "Oh come on, it's not that funny! I think it goes well with my hair. You have one too!" I argued. He kept giggling to himself as he pulled himself up through the trapdoor. Apparently, he brought pizza. "Yeah yeah yeah, I'll go put it on. Also I have some pizza if you're hungry." He went to go try on his outfit after giving me the pizza box. I thensat on the floor and began to take a slice. Of course, I removed my mask first. In fact, I changed into some pajamas so I could go to sleep.

You know, maybe working here won't be so bad after all. And there's some other cool people here to meet, so maybe I'll go meet them...

———
Word count: 832

Hehe I like this first. Just so you- the reader -know, this isn't my original idea. I got it from RinTheSquirrel666  so go check their's out too. I've read it and so far it's really interesting. Also, the other chapters will be longer than this so don't worry.