Track 4: Smitten (Asahi)

Smitten by Leanna Firestone

"Oh my god, just go to sleep," you beg.

    "I'm nervous."

    "It's not a big deal."

    "But what if I mess things up?"

    "For snoring?" you ask dramatically.

    It was the first night in your new apartment you had just bought with your boyfriend, Asahi of three years. His habit of worrying until it drove him crazy didn't die down after high school, and even at two in the morning, it didn't stop. See, Asahi thinks you're perfect, how you talk, how you laugh, how you sleep. Really, you don't snore, even in your sleep, you're still perfect. You think Asahi's perfect too, however, he does snore, and because of this, he has literally never fallen asleep first in front of you.

    "Baby," you say softly. "I'm not tired yet, but I want to stay in bed, it's two in the morning, we live together now, you're going to have to go to sleep before me."

    "But what if I snore really loud, and I keep you up? And then you resent me?"

    "I promise you, nothing will ever make me resent you more than how long this conversation has lasted."

    "Oh," he says embarrassed and you nod.

    Finally, he lays down and goes to sleep while you scroll through your phone. He looks so peaceful, so perfect.

You snored

And it was the most beautiful song that I'd ever heard

    You choke on a laugh, upon realizing how loud his snoring truly was, you were surprised he couldn't hear it through his dreams. No wonder he always had you go to sleep first. His arm wrapped around you, wanting your touch even in his sleep and you smiled, yeah, perfect.

And I'm sure

If we ever got old and married

It would get on my nerves, but

    "Y/N all I'm asking is that we switch days for picking Amaiya up from school."

    "I told you, I have plans and Akina is driving now so she can get her sister if you're still working."

    "I'm just not comfortable with our teenage daughter, who's been driving for three months to have our five-year-old in the backseat. I know you have plans but if you could just sacrifice being a little late and I could take her for the rest-"

    "Oh sacrifice? Like how I sacrificed a quiet night sleep with you snoring loudly next to me for the past twenty years!"

    Asahi gasps, "you said-"

    "I Iied!"

    Around the corner, Akina holds Amaiya in her arms as she looks up at her older sister confused.

    "Nee-chan are they fighting?"

    "Oh, they're not fighting," Akina assures her, before peeking around the corner to see you two have already made up. "They're just discussing how good of a driver I am," she lies as she shields Akina's eyes, before taking her sister away.

    "But Nee-chan you're not a-"

    "Shhhh."

Right now, for the first time

I think it's so cute you can't breathe right

    It was the night you had gone into labor with Amaiya, it had already been thirteen hours so you'd sent Akina home with her Uncle Suga while Asahi stayed with you the whole time.