BAND DESCRIPTIONS

Ages as of December 21, 2010.

One Direction:  a British-Irish boy band that finished 3rd on the 7th season of the X-Factor UK.

Niall James Horan: Born on September 13, 1993 (age 17). Is from Mullingar, County Westmeath, Ireland. Born to mother Maura Gallagher and father Bobby Horan. He has an older brother named Greg. Their parents divorced when he was just 5. He was in his school choir. He has been playing guitar since childhood.

Zain “Zayn” Javadd Malik: Born January 12, 1993 (age 17). Is from Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. Born to father Taser Malik and mother Tricia Malik. He has 1 older sister, Doniya, and 2 younger sisters, Waliyha and Safaa. He is Muslim. He has an addiction to smoking cigarettes but in late 2011 he expressed his desire to quit.

Liam James Payne: Born August 29, 1993 (age 17). Is from Wolverhampton, West Midlands, England. Born 3 weeks early to mother Karen, and father Geoff. He has 2 older sisters Ruth and Nicola. Until the age of 4, he had regular tests done in the as the doctors noticed 1 of his kidneys was scarred and dysfunctional. To help cope to the with pain, he had 32 injections in his arm in the morning and evening as a child. Payne first auditioned in 2008 to The X Factor's fifth series when he was fourteen He made it to the judges' houses, but Cowell thought he was not ready for the competition and asked him to come back in two years, which he did.

Harry Edward Styles: Born February 1, 1994 (age 16). Is from Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, England. Born to mother Anne Coz and father Des Styles. He has an older sister named Gemma. His parents divorced when he was 7. Harry had a job at a bakery before the X-Factor. He was also the lead singer in a band named White Eskimo.

Louis William Tomlinson: Born December 24, 1991 (age 18). Is from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England. Born to mother Johannah Poulston and father Troy Austin. His parents divorced when he was young, and when his mother remarried, he took his step-fathers last name, Mark Tomlinson. He has 5 half-sisters, Lottie, Georgia, Fizzy, Daisy, and Phoebe. He was in several musicals as a student.

Fusion Five: An American girl band that finished 3rd on the 1st season of the X-Factor US.

Avery Faith Wolf: Born March 20, 1992 (age 18). Is from Austin, Texas, United States. Born to mother Cara Wolf and father Brian Wolf. She has an older brother named Skylar. Avery was originally going to tryout for America’s Got Talent, but switched to the X-Factor when she found out it was specifically for singers. She was sick a lot as a child. She had chicken pox when she was 3, whooping cough when she was 7, she got strep throat at least twice a year until she was 9, and she also got bronchitis every winter until she was 11. She’s had the flu almost 10 times. As soon as she got to middle school, she stopped getting sick all the time. She even had perfect attendance in 8th, 9th, and 12th grade. Avery was going to the University of Washington in Seattle to be a nurse but canceled her plans after the X-Factor. Her father is well-known doctor in Austin.

Lucy Claire Gannon: Born January 1, 1993 (age 17). Is from Springfield, Illinois, United States. Born to mother Piper Hammond and father Dave Gannon. Her parents divorced when she was 9. Both of her parent remained in Springfield so she lived between them. Her father remarried to Sandra Yeats, who took Dave’s last name and is now Sandra Gannon. Dave and Sandra had Lucy’s half sister Isabella “Belle” who is now 8. Lucy has asthma and has to use an inhaler at times. Lucy was planning to go to college at the Parson School of Design in NYC to get into the fashion industry. She loves shopping and making clothes. Lucy’s stepmother owns a beauty salon in Springfield.

Kylie Bristol Cutler: Born May 14, 1994 (age 16). Is from Lincoln, Nebraska, Untied States. Born to parents Nancy Cutler and father Samuel “Sam” Cutler. Kylie has an older brother and sister who are twins, named Emily and Connor (age 22). Kylie was hoping to go to college at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln to become a athletic trainer or sports performance trainer. She wanted to play softball and basketball for the University of Nebraska just like her mother had done in her college years. Her father had played basketball for the University of Nebraska too. Kylie’s parents met in college. Kylie’s father is an assistant coach of the boys’ basketball team at the University of Nebraska.

Evelyn “Eve” Margret Haden: Born October 22, 1993 (age 17). Is from Buffalo, New York, United States. Born to mother Alice Haden and Bill Haden. Eve’s family moved to Albany, New York when she was 10. Eve’s dream was to go to Julliard and tryout for the Radio City Rockettes and become a dancer. Eve’s dance team won Nationals in 2008. Eve was supposed to have a twin sister, but the twin died in her mom’s womb.

Kamber Carolina Wood: Born June 3, 1992 (age 18). Is from Green Valley, Arizona, United States. Green Valley is a small town. Kamber has a little brother named Leo (age 13). Kamber loves animals so she was going to college to be a veterinarian at Colorado State University. She volunteered at the small animal shelter in Green Valley. Kamber lives on a horse farm. Her mother is a teacher at the University of Arizona.