Cutting People In Half

"Man, I hate sequins." Leo complained, pinching the tight fabric on his leg and pulling it away from his skin. I picked up an apple from the food table and a water from the fridge. The kitchen on set was actually really well stocked, with lots of stuff to munch on between scenes.

"I hate blue eyeshadow." I retorted, resisting the urge to itch the area around my eye. The last time I did, I had smudged my makeup, and Sophia started freaking out, yelling about us crazy kids and our inability to sit still.

"I really don't think it's too bad." Olivia said, and I turned to glare at her. Or, at least I would have, if I hadn't burst out laughing instead. She had obviously smeared her own eyeshadow, and it was up in her eyebrow.

"What? What are you laughing at?" she demanded, and everyone else, who were enjoying their own lunches, laughed as well.

"You have a bit of eyeshadow on your eyebrow." Mateo said over his meatball sub.

"Where'd you get the sub?" Alex asked curiously, peering at Teo's lunch hungrily.

"My mom dropped it off. She does it every Saturday." he said defensively, hunching his shoulders over the sandwich protectively.

"My mom is being a tourist, today." I said thoughtfully, sitting Criss cross applesauce in the plastic chair.

The kitchen looked like any other kitchen, with white countertops and cabinets holding all sorts of things. The only table in the room was circular, with eight chairs around it. The open chairs were between Olivia and Alex, and Leo and Mateo.

"What do you mean?" Dylan asked.

"Well, she seems to think that if she's going to be a tourist in Hollywood, she should go all the way. She's wearing this horrible tennis visor and a fanny pack. She's walking around with a map, taking pictures of everything with a little disposable camera, even though she packed our nice digital one!" they all chuckled, remembering their brief meeting with my mother yesterday afternoon.

"My mom yells at those people every chance she can." Dylan said thoughtfully, and I looked at him.

"Purposefully?"

"Yeah, and she always points out the strangest things about them, like for this one lady, she started ranting about her rubber flip flops. It was strange."

"That most definitely sounds strange." Alex agreed, and I took a bite from my apple. It was actually one of those really good kind, that's perfectly juicy. I figured that out a bit late, and when I pulled away I had juice on my chin.

"Shit." I grumbled, looking around for a napkin.

"Here." Leo handed me his, and I nodded appreciatively.

"Hot, Lills." Olivia called. She had gotten up to microwave her lunch, and was leaning against the counter calmly.

"I know, sex appeal of a model right here." I wiped the apple stuff away, then took another, more cautious bite.

"Babe, you could be drenched in rain in a see-through top with squeaky flip flops and still be sexy. Oh wait, that already happened!" Mateo's sarcastic tone filled the kitchen, and I flipped him off.

"When I left the hotel room, it was sunny. And Olivia did the same thing!" Olivia threw her hand in the air for confirmation, and I earned back in my chair.

"Yeah, that was a nice view." Leo said, and just the way he said it made me blush. I don't know if he had intentionally made it sound so... appealing, but I definitely felt the heat of that one.

Luckily Liv's microwave lunch was ready, and she plopped down in the seat between Leo and I, effectively cutting off that conversation.

Alex, Teo, and Dylan became wrapped up in a talk about video games, a few words reaching my ears while I zoned in and out.