I See Many Sprinkles in Your Future

So, uh, wow! I got some really great feedback on that last chapter, huh? This one isn't as long as the others, but I saw how much everyone wanted a new part and decided to just shorten up the chapters but update more often. If you think I should go back to the old way, please tell me via comment or message. Love you guys!

Of course it was amazing. Of course I could barely feel my lips, because it felt like a billion static-shocks were crossing between myself and that stupid karate boy that made my heart sputter.

Even though we had made it look like the peck was unintentional, Leo had kind of stepped forward so our bodies were a good bit closer, so that we weren't standing two feet apart and leaning so far forward we were almost falling over.

His hand was right at my elbow, holding me steady, while I pretty much shook like a fucking chihuahua.

I had been expecting this, anticipating it, and yet my hands still quivered like the little chicken I was. I couldn't keep them steady, and I was hardly breathing with how fast my heart was pounding. It was all happening inside, and it felt like it was going on for an eternity, until finally I ripped myself away and looked at Leo with an expression of horror.

It was in the script, yes, but I wasn't acting right now.

And he wasn't either, I could see that much, with his raw movements and dumbstruck face. I opened my mouth as if to say something, before deciding that Roxy had the right idea in running away. I could go off and figure this out, and then deal with it later.

So I zipped out, not even stopping to watch the rest of the scene continue like I normally would have. Back in my dressing room I sat down and tried to calm myself down by taking deep breaths and drinking lots of water. My heart was no longer beating as crazily, but my head was still reeling back and forth, unable to focus on one thing as it was too busy thinking about everything. I was sure that later on, laying down in bed, I would probably think of thousands of different things. They would all occur to me at the same time, changing the situation completely.

When a couple minutes had passed and I felt a good bit better I walked out of the dressing room and wandered over to the food table. I wasn't going to make a big deal about this, or treat Leo any differently. Sure, we kissed, and sure, it was the best thing that had ever occurred in my entire life, but that was all in the past.

I was going to go about this like a rational human being.

"Lilly!" Olivia called, coming up behind me. I turned and smiled calmly at her, and she gave me the strangest look I've ever seen.

"Hey, what's up?" I replied, picking up a bag of chips and popping it open. They were salty and delicious.

"Well you ran off and we were all kind of wondering where you went... are you okay?"

"Yeah, of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" it was taking so much effort to act like this. If I slipped up even the slightest bit then Olivia would be able to tell I was faking.

"Uh, no reason. I mean, you kissed Leo, you lucky bitch." if it wasn't obvious, I really didn't know what to say to that.

We both stood there for a moment in awkward silence, until Leo came running up. He looked out of breath and his hair looked absolutely crazy from him running his hands through it so many times. He took one look at me and my calm self, one look at the confused Olivia, and then he kind of deflated, letting out a puff of air.

"Hey."

"Hey." I sent him a small smile of indifference before walking over to pick up my script from my chair. I had set it down when we started the scene. So I sat there in my chair with a small bag of chips, munching and reading, and straining my ears to hear the hushed whispers between Leo and Liv.