Day Zero

Fair warning to all; started this mostly before s4 came out tho now that it is I bore stuff in mind as I was editing it. As in right after s3 because hey there was violence between them but also Billy and Steve just gave me some... vibes, yk? Just some vibes. And that somehow led to an entire book. If you don't like that then first off... Why are you... Here? Second, err please do hop off my invisible dick as well as off my fic thank you much love goodbye and or enjoy 😊

Can't believe it took me this long to get up the courage to publish this shit. What the fuck bruh 🙂

He couldn't make out much, at first glance. His vision was blurry when he finally managed to open his eyes and the bright light dangling above him had him instantly regretting that decision. Slowly adjusting to it, he blinked again, trying to get used to the feeling of his body. It was when he tried to move that he noticed he was strapped quite nicely to a bed, arms and legs bound tight.

Billy shook off his confusion and tried once again, glancing around haphazardly as he took in his surroundings. There wasn't a single person or a single thing in the room. Just him and white walls.

He felt like he couldn't breathe, all of a sudden. Not because of the loneliness, not because of any fear, no. It was the thoughts. It hadn't taken long. Everything was rushing back to him, now. The innocent people he'd led to their deaths, being controlled by the Mind Flayer no matter how hard he fought back... He'd hit his sister. Before all that ever happened, he'd definitely let himself go and acted too rough but never to that extent and never without feeling deep remorse and cursing himself for being like his father. But he'd never lay his hands on her like that, expression paling when the image of her falling to the floor and passed out slid coyly past his mind's eye.

Shutting his eyes, he focused on the task at hand. Getting free. He began to tug at his restraints, his movements getting more aggressive as the memories got stronger. It was all there in his mind to replay as his mind so-well-pleased, almost like that... Thing wanted him to always see what his hands had cost so many lives. He could feel tears forming at the corner of his eyes and swore at himself for it, shaking his head and giving another hard tug.

"Who the fuck locked me up here, goddammit?! When I get out, you just fucking wait! You'll see what I fucking do!" Billy heard his voice shake and swore again. If he could smack himself right then, he was sure he would have. Whatever had happened, it gave him no excuse to be such a fucking pussy. With another animalistic roar from him, the door flew open and some assholes in white lab coats flocked inside. "What the fuck is this?! You gonna perform some sick experiments on me, huh?! Gonna fucking fuck my head up?! You better kill me first because trust me, I ain't going down without a fucking fight you Commie bastards-"

"BILLY!" He stopped hissing and spitting at them, lowering his head slowly. His little redhead sister stood in front of him, frozen. He realised she could see the tears in his eyes, cursing for what felt like the thousandth time when her eyes filled with some, too. He fought against the restraints once again, giving another yell at the strangers that he couldn't even hear. All he could see were those people - all those human beings with their own individual lives, families, stories, dreams - that he'd offered up for that creature to use. He wanted to stop screaming but he couldn't bring himself to, driven my rage and pure self-loathing. Because what kind of cruel trick had caused him not to die, as well? How and why was he still alive? He deserved to be good and dead like the rest of them, who the fuck cursed him to live for longer by saving him?!

He could feel the creature dig its claw into his side now, ripping away at chunks of his flesh. Whatever was under that bandage, it wasn't going to be pretty. The moving around was causing him pain on his left where it had gotten him but he chose to ignore it, at that moment. He could barely tell. He could only see that thing, staring down at him, faceless yet conveying without any expression that it was going to kill him.