Prologue - Dream

It’s just like a lullaby, I can hear the sound of crickets from the distant bushes. The grass calmly moves as the gentle wind blows towards my body, I can feel him close to me.

We held hands as we look up the night sky, the moon shines bright as the stars twinke above our eyes. Our heads meet, our hair collided as it blows by the calming wind. It was a fine night.

We were both smiling, lying down the dense grassfield covered with beautiful yellow flowers. I can feel that he’s happy. I can feel that him close to me. My eyes then widened as a saw a falling star, I pointed at it and uttered.

“Hey, look, it’s a shooting star!” I exclaimed as I pointed up the sky. Those stars I pointed suddenly became a shower of beautiful meteors.

Napangiti ako nang dahil sa mga nangyayari, I never expected this to happen but just shortly it began. Hindi ko na kailangang magpaliwanag, matagal ko nang hinihiling sa Diyos na mangyari ang bagay na ’to.

Matagal na ’kong nagtatago, matagal na ’kong nalulungkot, matagal na ’kong umaasa. Umaasa na sana’y may magbago, umaasa na sana’y sumaya man lamang kahit sandali.

“It’s beautiful, I-I can’t believe what I’m witnessing. It’s very amazing.” His husky voice echoed through my ears, just hearing him talk makes me fall for him more.

“Now, let’s make a wish together.” He uttered again.

Bumaling ako sa kan’ya at pinagmasdan ang mga mata niyang nagniningning. I smiled as I wondered. Ano pa ba ang hihilingin ko?

“I wish that you can find true happiness, Gael. That happiness that doesn’t die, that kind of happiness that doesn’t have any limits.” I held his hand tightly as I come to my senses, tears suddenly flowed through my eyes.

“The happiness you surely desire, that kind of happiness that warms your heart. That kind of happiness that you’re still longing to.” Napangiti na lang ako, hindi ko alam pero no’ng sinabi niya ’yon ay basta na lang tumulo ang mga luha sa ’king mga mata.

May mahihiling pa ba ako kung ang sinasabi niya ay kasalukuyan nang nangyayari? Ito na yata ang pinakamasayang naranasan ko, ito na yata ang kasiyahang sinasabi niya.

“You’re that happiness I wished for.” Nakita kong nanlaki ang nga mata niya at dahan-dahan siyang napatingin sa ’kin, his bright twinkling eyes met mine.

“And you’re the one I always wanted to be with.” He replied.

The cold wind suddenly blew as the grass dances through the gentle touch of that cold breeze. I wanted to cover myself by ravishing my body by my hands. But suddenly, I felt Austin’s arms wrapped around my waist—he was hugging me from the back.

His warm body counters the cold that the night breeze is bringing, I can feel his gentle touch even though I’m already covered by my shaggy polo shirt.

“Kung matupad man ang mga hiling ko, siguro’y natupad na ’yon ngayon.” I giggled.

Once again our eyes met when I turned to meet his face. His smile from earlier doesn’t even fade, that tender smile that I’m still longing to see.

“Hey, Gael. I’ve been thinking... I never even thought that our friendship will last until now. It’s just lately that I realized, we’ve been hanging out by just only the two of us.” He began uttering.

“I really wanted to say this to you.” He then whispered.

Silence grew between us as he whispered, he just took a deep breath and he looked at me with a smile. I did looked into his eyes, deeper plunged my gaze into him as seconds go by.

I could only hear the sound of the crickets, and as I turn my gaze into the fireflies that glows around me and Austin, I broke the silence in our boundary.

“What’s that you wanted to say?” I then followed by asking.

His face then turned red and he couldn’t look at me in the eyes. But one thing is certain, he’s still got that warm smile even though he’s nervous.

“I think that I have a crush on you, even more than that, I guess. I have these feelings I once felt when I first saw you at Saint Anthony’s, I can’t explain what I felt but it was surely warming and full of joy.” He then looked at the stars, his eyes twinkled once again as he gazed.

“Parang itong mga bituin sa langit. Kapag nakikita ko sila, may nararamdaman akong hindi ko maipaliwanag. I once thought that it was only happiness, pero nalaman kong hindi lang pala ’yon.” He gigled, he then turned his sight to me.

Kung kanina’y hindi niya ako matingnan nang mata sa mata, ngayon ay direkta na siyang nakatingin sa ’kin. Hindi ko maipaliwanag ang pakiramdam, kinakabahan ako habang nag-uumapaw sa saya. Hindi ko alam, pero ito na yata ang pakiramdam na ’yon.

Ang nararamdaman ng isang tao kapag in love ito.

“You’re the first person that made me feel this way, I really like you... Gael.” I almost trembled when I heard him said those words, I feel like I’m going to explode because of joy.

“The same I felt to you, matagal ko nang inililihim sa iba at sa ’king sarili ang nararamdaman ko para sa ’yo. Pero ngayon, hindi ko na pakakawalan pa ang pagkakataon.” I smiled and I returned to him what he said to me.

“I really like you, too. More than anything.” Again, tears flowed down my eyes. I can’t control these emotions inside me nor I can’t react to anything.

I then came to my senses when I felt his lips on mine, as it met there was only silence. Only the sound of the crickets, I closed my eyes as I leaned on his chest.

I’m sure, that right now, we’re feeling the same. Ito lang naman ang nais kong marinig, ang matagal nang nais kong maranasan. Kaya napakasaya ko, kaya walang katumbas ang nadarama ko.

I then uttered before everything turns to black.

“Kung totoo lang ang lahat ng ito, alam kong walang katumbas ang kasiyahang madarama ko.”