Page 13

"No, let her sleep. I'll be back after I take care of it." I roll over and see Darius talking to Jane at the bedroom door. It was almost noon according to the clock.

"Take care of what?" I ask sitting up the sheet pulled up to cover me. He smiles.

"Just a little border issue with the bears. It happens here and there. I'll run out where the patrol is remind them of the agreement and run back. An hour at most." he comes back over and kisses me lightly. "If you are up you should eat. We missed breakfast." I smile.

"Yes. But it was worth it." he chuckles gives me another kiss and a wink before leaving. Jane watches him leave and then looks at me. I can see confusion on her face.

"What?" I asked blushing.

"What happened in here this morning?"

"None of your business." I say and laugh.

"Ann, I haven't seen him like this in years. You might just be what he needs. Please don't screw it up."

"I will do everything I can not to screw it up."

"Good." she turns to leave.

"Uh Jane.."

"Yeah?"

"What border issue?"

"Oh every so often they push the border. We don't know why but he goes out is all king of the jungle and they go home. Me personally I think they just get bored."

"Right. Well I'm going to take a shower and then get some lunch." Jane just chuckles and leaves. But I was worried about Darius. He'd gone tot he bears and gotten beaten badly. Now they were pushing at the border. He'd gone out to them. I showered and dressed and went to get food.

With no visits planned for today I decided to just do some more looking online for baby things. I was wondering if I should keep to neutral colors for sheets and things when the back door slams open. I jump up and run to see Darius and Lio come in. Darius is holding his side where blood is leaking through his fingers.

"Oh god, Darius." I run over and peel his hand away.

"I'm alright. He just managed to get a decent spot."

"Oh yes, blood says you are perfectly alright. Come on." I pull him down to the clinic. I get him washed off and see three claw marks. "These need stitches. Can you sit still or do you need Lio to hold you still?"

"I'll sit still." I nod and get a set of sutures.

"What happened? I thought it was a scare them straight kind of thing."

"It usually is. Apparently they are mad at me."

"What? Why?" he clenched his jaw. He wasn't going to tell me. I jabbed him with the needle.

"Ow. Hey."

"Your hiding something. What is going on with the bears. You went over there before and got hurt, they hurt you again today. You hiding whatever it is from me. I am your queen I'm supposed to help you, you know." he's glaring as I stop my rant.

"This isn't your problem. It's mine. I'll handle it." I jabbed him with the needle again. He tried to move away and hissed because I wasn't done and pulling away pulled the stitches. "Would you stop that?"

"No." I jabbed him again. "I'm going to keep it up until you tell me what's going on. I'm pregnant I'm not going to let this go. I want to know that their father will be around, and not a bloody pulp. Plus this is only one baby, you owe me a full family." I jabbed him again.