Chaptet 15 - Unexpected

Oh my gosh. I just have 1,600+ reads and 100+ votes! That is so awesome. It might seem like a small number to some but to me it's a lot. Thank you for reading this story! I appreciate it. :') Please continue supporting Rockstar Cinderella.

------------------------------------------

Chapter 15 - Unexpected

Someone was knocking on my door. Very loudly, I might add. I groaned as I buried my head in my pillows. This is not how I want to spend my first morning in this house.

"Come in." I grumbled as I sat up.

"Good morning, baby." It was Mom.

"Hey, Mom. What's up?" I yawned as I rubbed my eyes. It felt nice sleeping in my own bed again.

"I promised that we'll spend time with each other when I got back, didn't I?" She smiled brightly at me. "So go take a shower and dress up. I'll pick your clothes for you."

"But Mom-" I started.

"No buts. Now go!" She pushed me off the bed and into the bathroom. It seems my Mom is too excited. I wonder what she's planning. I smiled to myself. I missed her so much. I just hope she wouldn't find out about my secret just yet.

I quickly showered and went out of the bathroom and saw that my Mom did pick clothes for me. The problem is that it's not my style at all. It was a pink floral dress and it was girly. Totally my Mom's style. I sighed and decided to wear it.

It fit me nicely and made me look elegant. I snorted. I was anything but elegant. "Are you ready, sweetie?" My Mom spoke behind the door.

"Yeah!" I headed out of my room and smiled at my Mom. She was wearing the same dress as mine, only it was white. I laughed. Oh well.

***

We were drinking fruit smoothies in the food court. "So Mom, what do we do next?"
"Well, we have to go to the spa, get our nails done, and eat dinner at this new restaurant a few blocks from this mall." She mumbled as she looked for something inside her bag.

"Wow. That seems nice." I grinned. I don't care what we have to do as long as we spend time together. I missed her so much.

"By the way, I have something to talk to you about," She brought out a piece of paper. "Would you mind explaining this to me?"

I choked on the smoothie that I was drinking and grabbed the paper from her hands. It was the record contract asking for her signature. Well, shit.

"How'd you get this?" I was pretty sure I hid it well.

"Stephanie gave it to me." She raised her eyebrows at me. "Well?"

Oh that.. gah! Great. Why is she so evil? She probably made it sound like I belong to a groupie or something. Thinking how my Mom would feel about this made me feel nervous. "I-I'm sorry, Mom. I just. . . Dad and rock and-and" I blubbered.

"You miss your Dad, don't you?" She held my hand as her eyes began to water. I nodded, looking at the ground trying not to cry as well.

"It's okay, sweetie. I'm not mad. I just feel hurt that you kept something like this secret." Mom hugged me and I buried my face in her shoulder. Tears slowly threatened to fall from my eyes. It's been so long since we've hugged each other like this.

"You wouldn't have approved."

She chuckled. "I wouldn't have but seeing how far you've come. I feel so proud of you, sweetie."

"Thanks Mom."

"Let me just ask two questions."

"What?" I looked at her. She was looking uncertain, as if she was debating whether to ask me or not. "It's okay, Mom. Go ahead." I urged her.