Sleep ||Mycroft||

Warning: mentions of lack of sleep & potentially some dysphoria 

You'd been working long, irregular hours for a while now. You were so focused on getting everything done, you barely had the time to get any sleep, and sometimes you'd go to bed, just to lie awake, unable to fall asleep. 

You were starting to worry Mycroft. You always were a hard worker, but this time, he was afraid you'd push yourself too far, and it'd be detrimental to your health. 

He managed to convince them to give you a break from your work, allowing you to go home early so that you could rest. 

When you got home, you were exhausted, but you thought you could keep going. You made a beeline directly for your bedroom, and decided to lay down for a little bit.

You didn't think you'd fall asleep, so you couldn't be bothered to take off your binder. You laid down on top of all the blankets, and it was only a matter of minutes before sleep washed over you. 

Mycroft got home a couple hours later, and found you passed out on the bed. 

He pulled the blankets aside, and pulled your shoes off. He noticed that you were in your binder, so he carefully worked it off, though he was careful not to look or touch you while doing so. He viewed bodies very objectively, but he knew you liked your privacy, even though you did trust him. 

He put you back into a shirt he knew you found comfortable, and moved you so that he could tuck you under the blankets.

He was about to leave, but paused for a moment. you were a heavier sleeper, so he knew you would still be asleep. But he still wanted to make sure before he kissed your forehead, happy you were finally getting some rest.

"Goodnight," he whispered, before quietly leaving the room to make himself something to eat. 

PSA: Never fall asleep in your binder. The long-term effects aren't worth it, trust me. Stay safe, you deserve it <3