𝟙𝟞- 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 ℍ𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕕?

*TW*

Driving home from the hotel I re-think everything Marshall said. Did he say he loved me? "You can't help who you love" Why would he say that If he wasn't implying something about love?

This is all so confusing. I thought what Marshall and I had was 'No complexities, just sex'. I don't know if I want to break up my marriage for a side thing. But it's Marshall. I love spending my time with him. I could do it anywhere or anytime. Rich or poor, I don't care, I know I want to spend time with him.

I pull into the driveway and I see the light still isn't on. Is Micheal not home yet? Am I this Lucky? When I'm done parking I get out and go inside, flipping on the lights.

The house is quiet and I know Micheal hasn't been back. Shit, this means he's probably out drinking. My phone dings and I check it.

Marshall: Hey, so I'm driving out tonight to a hotel so I'm not late for my meeting in the morning. I'll tell you when I'm back ;).

C: Okay good luck!

Is everything too casual between us? Why am I questioning this? I can't dig myself out of this hole now. It's been too long.

I put down my phone and bag and I take off my shoes and change into slippers. I don't feel like taking my dress off so I just head over to the kitchen for something to drink.

I open the fridge and I see water but then beside It a bottle of wine. I instantaneously grab the wine and go in the cabinet for a wine glass. I go into the drawer and get the silver corkscrew.

My wine is now open, I pour it into the large wine glass, till it's half full. I bring the glass to my mouth and take a sip. The sweet and bitter taste hits my tongue and travels down my throat. The house is peaceful and I'm enjoying myself after my orgasms with Marshall tonight. What I would do to have him with me right now.

I finish my wine glass and I exhale with refreshment. I get back up and put the cork back into the wine bottle and the bottle back into the fridge.

I start to head upstairs until I hear Micheal stumbling in, and yelling, "Where the fuck you been?"

I walk back down the stairs "Where have I been? Where have you been? At the fucking bar? It's like you're living there now."

"You don't get to talk to me like that. "He says.

"You don't get to talk to me like that either. You've been drunk for the past few days and coming home in the middle of the night. I can't deal with this."

"Oh but it's fine when you come home in the middle of the night after you sneak out?" He says getting closer.

"You're drunk. I don't sneak out, Micheal. What is your problem?"

"Don't act like you don't, bitch." He says, then hitting me across my face.

My hands fly to my face to stop the sting.

"Get the fuck away from me," I say pushing him away. He grabs my arm tight, "You did this to us. This is all your fault." He says then pushing me to the ground. I run to grab my car keys and bag and leave the house. I drive around the block and park my car. Tears are running down my face and the only thing I can think to do is call Marshall.

I dial his number with shaky hands and he picks up almost immediately.

I cry into the phone. "Callie? What's Wrong?" He says, frantically.

I sniffle and I'm crying too hard to get any words out. "Calm down, take a breath and tell me what happened."

And I take a breath. "He hit me," I say, through a shaky voice and more tears running down my face.

"I'll kill em." He says. "What happened?" He says with an angry voice now, and practically yelling into the phone.

"I don't know. He came home drunk and everything escalated."

"You left right?" He says.

"Yeah, I'm in my car," I say, sniffling again.

"Alright listen, I want you to go to my friend's house, Curtis, you met him earlier. You'll be safe there. I'll call him then send you the address."

"Marshall. Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm not letting you go back there right now. And until I get back to Detroit, I want you to stay there. I need to know you're safe. Got it?" He says.

"Alright," I say, wiping my tears.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." He says, in a calming voice.

"Bye."

A few moments later I see Marshall send me Curtis's address.

I drive over to it and it's a huge house.

The driveway gate opens and I drive into it. There's a man waiting at the door as I pull up.

I step out and he says, "Callie?". "Yeah," I replied. "Come on."

I follow him inside and we sit on his couch. "So Marshall called me and told me to take you in for the night. What's going on between you two?" He asks.

If he doesn't know that means Marshall hasn't said anything. "Nothing, he was just the last person on my phone. I had to call someone." I lied.

"Mhm." He says sarcastically. "Well if you need anything just ask, you can either sleep here or in one of the guest rooms, take a shower if you want. Marsh said he'd be here at 12 in the afternoon.

"Okay. Thank you so much." I say.

Curtis gets up and brings me blankets and a bottle of water. I thank him and I feel tired from the crying. So I close my eyes and I fall asleep.