𝟟-ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 ℂ𝕒𝕝𝕝

A few days have gone by without hearing from Marshall. I'm... I'm bored. I think I miss him.

I've been covering all the tracks and Micheal won't find out anytime soon. He should be coming home from work soon.

Until he gets home I wrap myself in a warm blanket on the couch, and turn on Netflix.

An hour goes by and I hear the front door unlock. In come Michael with groceries.

"Hey, I didn't know you went grocery shopping." I say, removing the blanket from my body.

"I'm going to cook something for you, my love"

"I bet it will taste delicious," I say, smirking and following him to the kitchen.

"How was work?" I ask.

"Hectic. There was a costumer who threw a plate on the ground bc the other chef forgot to add pickles," he says.

I laugh, "No way,"

He smiles and nods "yes".

"Speaking about work, I need to talk to you about something. Sit down,"

My heart drops. Does he know? What does he have to talk to me about? Shit.

I keep the smile on my face and sit on the kitchen barstool. His hands find my waist, as he stands between my legs.

"So a place in New York asked me to cook there for a month. And it's a really good opportunity for me. It's a well known place."

"So you're going to leave?" I question.

"You can come with me."

"I can't, I have work. Just for a month?" I ask.

"Yeah. I don't want to leave you, I need to take this job though. It's not permanent. Are you okay with me taking it?"

"Of course." I smile and kiss him.

"Really?" He smiles.

I nod at him and he kisses me. "I love you" I say.

"I love you more. Now let me cook you something really nice," He says, kissing my forehead.

"Alright,"

I hear my phone ring from the couch and I walk over to it, picking up my phone. I see Marshall's name.

"This is work, I have to take this." I say walking outside and closing the door behind me.

I answer the phone call.

"Hey Cal, what's up."

"Nothing but you can't call me out of the blue. My husbands inside." I say quietly to him, crossing my arms because of the cold.

"I gotta make appointments to talk to you?"

"Just text me before. Ok?"

"Okay," he says. "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"I have to help my husband pack for New York, he'll be there for a month."

"Great so I can be with you more."

"I guess so. I have to take him to the airport in two days. I'll see you then. Bye Marshall."

"Ok. Bye Cal."

I hang up the phone and walk back inside.

"Everything good?" Michael asks.

"Yeah it was a client asking me to send him some paperwork."

I sit on the couch and continue to watch my show until the food Micheal is cooking is ready.

Marshall was right. No Micheal means more Marshall. And Michael wouldn't be here for a month. He still has his girlfriend to worry about, so he can't be with me everyday, all day.

This is all so wrong. I shouldn't be doing this.

"Foods ready." I hear Michael say from the kitchen.

I get up and go over to the dining table where he placed the food.

"It looks great" I tell him. "I'm so glad I married a chef."

"So you're with me for the food and that's it?" He jokes, sitting next to me.

"Yup."

"Damn, then you should know I'm with you to get out of my parking tickets." He says kissing me on the cheek.

We eat all of our amazing food he made us and we get to bed.

I can't help but think of the time I'll have while Michael is away. I want to see Marshall. All I have to do is wait two days, until Michael is off to New York for a month.

Two days.