Chapter 24

So, Team Agni? Or Team Chag? Or Team Indriya?
I am in Team Agni, the wuv if my life! Who else like tsundere, emotionally distant boys?
Comment down below!

Deets: I wuv you!
Agni: Eh * Shrugs * No thanks.

(Don't forget to vote, share and add the book to your library!)

Chapter 24

They circled once, twice and then thrice. Indriya was listening to every move, every plan and every detail of Mekhala’s plan and thought of all the counter attacks. She could hear Agni think as well, clearly both of them were underestimating her.
As though her power had opened an eye, her body started to hum along with the shield. Her power leaned forward with curiosity, Indriya could feel it in her veins, its curiosity electrified her blood and the power was raging in every cell of her body.

Mekhala attacked first, her clenched fist was going to meet her abdomen, but Indriya was quick to act and shielded herself, the shield hummed when Mekhala thrashed it, Indriya whorled around and jabbed Mekhala in the ribs, she heard her grunt.
In the blink of an eye; she had her hands around Indriya’s waist picking her up and slamming her into the ground.

Pain shot up through her sides and air wheezed out of her lungs.
But more was coming as Mekhala kicked her in the abdomen, she hadn’t noticed until then that Agni had fallen beside her to the ground as she saw him through the pain.

Indriya caught hold of Mekhala’s feet and pulled them, Mekhala fell on her back and grunted but grabbed Indriya’s hands and locked her in a choke.

Indriya could hardly breathe as the Mekhala tightened her grip.
Indriya’s eyes were tearing up and she couldn’t see, but she was in her senses as Indriya’s fist met Mekhala’s ribs. It didn’t work so Indriya yanked her free left hand that was tied to Agni, hard enough to make him fall over Mekhala. She got distracted enough for Indriya to free herself and stand up.
Indriya got up, but Mekhala was already on her feet before Indriya had gained the ground beneath her feet. Mekhala raged forward once again, pushing Indriya to the ground. Mekhala was on top of her in an instant, seated atop Indriya’s abdomen. Her fist was raised on top and she saw Mekhala smirk maliciously. Agni was looking at the two of them as he was beside her on the ground. And she did, she hit her, over and over again until her lip split, without any mercy or expression, like a killing machine.
But Indriya sat up her hands through the air toward Mekhala’s eyes. She stuck her thumbs through her eyes, Mekhala grunted and Indriya groaned at the pain. As she writhed free and was on her feet, her body screamed with pain. She forced herself to move and yanked Agni aside.

Pain surged through her wrist and forearm, she realised Mekhala was going to break her limbs for good. It was a cheap trick but she stomped on Mekhala’s leg and when she left her she yanked Agni and shoved him into Mekhala so hard she fell down. She bought herself the time to hear what Mekhala was thinking and what she needed to do.

Agni was fuming like water on red hot metal, had it not been for the fight he would have murdered, maybe even diced her into the tiniest pieces. But now he was only a prop, a weapon she realised and maybe even a liability.
Mekhala raged toward her like a bull who was seeing red. She was approaching faster and faster, Mekhala was going to kill her and she didn’t have the time to access her magic. She was in a very deep pit of shit.

But Mekhala took Indriya down and sat atop her abdomen again like a witch, ready to gouge her heart out and eat it. Agni fell down beside her, watching and assessing all the possibilities of her dying in this fight. Mekhala caught Indriya’s collar and punched her nose, she could hear it cracking under her fist, warm blood surged out of her nose.