Chapter 23

Agni: What's with the Handcuffs? I thought this was 16+? *Smirks*
Deets: pervert prince popinjay, it is still 16+ keep your dirty thoughts to yourself!
Agni: but if those are my thoughts aren't they your thoughts too, Darling Deets?
Deets: O.O
(Please Vote, share and add the book to your library!)

Chapter 23

Although Agni said that time passed a little slowly in Nirvana, Indriya felt she had only stayed there for a week, when it was the last week of the second month. But Chag’s apartment and all the following incidents seemed ages ago. Indriya opened her eyes and looked at the slumbering sky. It was like the sky did not want to remove the sheets of clouds atop her but the sun was yanking them off the bed. It was just like her and Agni.
She smiled for some reason she didn’t know, but she yearned to wake up in the mornings nowadays. She waited for an entire day for her training sessions in the mornings, which were occasionally joined by Chag.

Indriya was brushing her teeth and rummaging through her bag when someone barged in through her door. To her surprise it was Mekhala Madhura who entered.

“There is someone here to see you.” She said as she shot a disapproving glance at Indriya. Indriya went inside the bathroom and finished brushing her teeth and washing her face.
“Who is it?” She asked, wiping her face with a towel.
“How am I supposed to know the kind of friends you have?” She smirked. Indriya heaved a sigh.
“Ms. Madhura, I finally understand you.” Indriya said with mocking sympathy, Mekhala raised a brow. “I understand why you don’t get my standards of choosing friends.” Indriya pursed her lips and nodded in that mocking sympathy.
“What do you mean?” Mekhala raised her voice.
“I mean to say that you don’t even have a right to choose the kind of standard you need to have.” Indriya dropped the sentence on Mekhala like a dead weight. “After you.”
Indriya shook her like Mekhala was dead and she was mourning for her.
Indriya was in night frock and she knew Agni wouldn’t approve of it but it’s not like he is going to be there, but whoever the visitor is she supposed they can go to hell if they don’t like the night gown. Mekhala descended a flight of stairs and walked fast through the hallway with a deftness Indriya supposed was a trait only specific to royals and nobles.
They reached an alley as the woman halted in front of a room, a study she didn't know existed. Indriya was astonishing to see who it was.
“How are you, Princess?” A cool feminine voice said as it was perched atop a sofa like a mermaid of a coral reef.
“Apramēya! What are you doing here?” She asked fruitily. The lady stood up with fluid grace as her golden and blue saree ruffled slightly. Indriya walked toward her and hugged the woman tightly, taking in the smell of silt as she did so.

“Well, well! You have grown stronger, Princess.” Apramēya said, wrapping her cool arms around Indriya.
“Courtesy of Agni.” She pulled apart and said, bowing in appreciation of the words.
“Is everything alright?” Apramēya asked, her  cool, fresh and beautiful face melting into a tensed expression and her gold speckled brown eyes full of concern.
“Yes! Why do you ask?” Indriya lowered her eyes in confusion.
Indriya suddenly could hear a voice in her head.
‘I sense danger, Princess. I could feel a portal open from the depths of the city of gates of hell.’ Indriya froze. A portal?
‘Where? Was it here in Soorani?’  Indriya asked. She had a feeling the river goddess could read her thoughts, she remembered how she answered the questions Indriya had the first time they met.
‘No, it was near the south coast of Nirvana. I sense danger, Princess. I want you to be safe. Tell Prince Agni about this. I must leave now.’ She concluded.

“Not without breakfast.” Indriya insisted, as she squeezed Apramēya’s hand.
So they all had a hearty meal, the Madhuras frowned at the uninvited guest but Chag seemed to be quite happy to see her.
Agni's eyes lingered on her for a little too long due to the night frock but she didn’t react to it.