Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"Rise and shine, Princess. It's Janmashtami!" Mythri almost leapt onto Indriya's bed.

"Happy Janmashtami! Now get lost and let me sleep." Indriya murmured, covering her face with a pillow. Just then a tiny, cool hand touched her open palm and said in a childish tone "Wake up, Indriya! It's little Krishna's birthday! Let us celebrate it together."

'A child! A little kid? Aww! That was so cute!' Indriya's heart melted at the sound of the small childish voice and the giggle that followed afterwards. Indriya threw the pillow aside and pushed the blankets aside and she saw a tiny little Krishna and an even tinier Gopika seated on her bed. She squealed and hugged both the children.

"Princess, you should consider bathing before you touch children of that age, especially today. They are considered to be incarnations of the lord of love himself!" Mythri picked up both the children in her two arms and handed them to the nannies who stood by the door.

"Mythri, those kids were so cute, how dare you take them away from me! You're such a mean and heartless creature!" Indriya leapt off the bed and tried to follow the children out of the room but Mythri almost threw herself between Indriya and the doorway!

"Princess, the Queen will kill me and whip your butt if you walk out like this, go and take a bath, I will make sure you find those children again after the Pooja. Go!" Mythri almost picked Indriya up and threw her into the bathroom with nothing but a towel.

So Indriya washed her hair and devoured her hot water bath for almost two hours before walking out of the bathroom into her dressing room, where she found an exclusively expensive half saree that she draped around herself, the colours of purple and silver surrounded her like it was something made for her.

Beauty and elegance with a hint of haughty female nature, she was an incarnation of Sathyabhama, that's she was meant to be. When she walked out of her closet room she found a man with a garland around his neck and jewellery that suggested simplicity and valour and most of all charm with a playful glee resplendent in his face. She would not have recognised him at all had it not been for the charming approving smile he gave her.

It was Agni, who had put on a yellow silk dhoti and had a flute tucked into it. His long hair curled around his neck and his colourful turban that had a peacock feather attached to the top. She gasped at him as she saw how the flesh was breaking the arm bangles around his biceps, and the white dots that were painted on the tanned skin of his temples. His garland and jewellery covered most of his abdomen but Indriya could get a glimpse of his highly developed abdomen that was as sculpted as the rest of him.

She raised a brow and said, "Well well, Lord Krishna himself is here to meet me at last, am I that irresistibly beautiful, my lord?" She said softly drying her wet hair with a towel.

"You have a good sense of humour Gopika!" Agni raised a brow and smiled in a way that could have made the best looking women sweat

"Satyabhama! I am Sathyabhama for today, dear Krishna!" She purred.

"Ooh! then you're supposed to be my personal favourite, isn't it?" He snickered, as she sat down at her dressing table. Just when she was about to reply saying that she had better things to do other than to pretend to be in love with him, Mythri barged in looking absolutely tense.

"Princess, let me do your hair and makeup and here's your jewellery." She said, setting down a carved wooden box on her table.

"Ooh! Brother, you look awesome!" She complimented him and threw an approving grin in his direction. The healer too, Indriya realised, put on a pink and white pure silk half saree and looked like a beautiful damsel waiting for her Prince. She looked like a water Lily waiting for the moon to shine so she could bloom, and just as she was completing the white dots on Indriya's face the moon indeed entered with a handsome dazzling face that was contorted in absolute annoyance.