The Ballad Of Nirvana

Hi, y'all, My name is Deetya, you can call me Deets. I love writing and this is my first novel. It took me two years to write this, hopfully, y'all will like it. 

Give your feedback and suggestions out in the comments, they are always welcome.

Thank you for reading!

Deetya. <3

Chapter 1

"She will be shattered when she finds out, Ashwa." Indriya's mother cried. While her parents were talking, Indriya pressed her ear against the door in order to hear what they were saying.

"She must know about it one day, it is for her good and for Nirva... " Indriya's phone buzzed in her pocket making a rather loud sound. She hurriedly pulled it out of her pocket and answered the call. It was her friend from Soma. Since Soma and her twin sister Yamya were new to her school, her teacher asked Indriya to help them with notes. 

The sisters became good friends; they acted possessively toward her, and even when she was with other friends, they seemed to yank her away from them. Apart from that Indriya adored the two of them.

"Hello? What?" Indriya replied in an annoyed tone, whispering.

"I was going to ask you for the notes...but what happened to you? Are those insufferable twin brothers annoying you again?" Soma asked, anger rising again.

"No, it's nothing." Indriya sighed. "I'll send the notes." She cut the call quickly before her friend could say anything. What was her mother talking about? Why did she say that?

__________________________________________

All three of them would spend most of their time in the library devouring books and soaking up knowledge. These three always occupied the top three spots in the grade. Indriya, Ram, and Abhi. 

"Indriya, I have to show you something, come with me." Abhi held her wrist and pulled Indriya up the stairs of their ancient school library. His dark brown eyes were filled with wonder and awe for some reason and his keen eyes scanned for any teachers in the surroundings. When they were about to commit espionage, he always did that, which was mainly sneaking into the back room of the library to steal some restricted books and slide them back unnoticed.

She couldn't help but shake the feeling that she was being followed. She surveyed her surroundings to find anyone or anything out of the place but it was of no use, she had this lingering feeling for a while now and she didn't have a good feeling about it. Every time she went to the library she could feel as though a watchful eye opened to observe her. 

Despite the chill that ran down her spine every time, she would drown and distract herself with the various books.

"Abhi, dad will be here anytime." She protested unwilling to go into the building that seemed to wait for her.

"It will only take a second." He assured her. 

Ram and Abhi were neighbours and friends of hers. Unlike most children their age, the trio would always hang out in the library. Inevitably, their thirst for knowledge kept them in the top three.

She was more familiar with the twin brothers than her mother, therefore, they often enticed her to sneak out into the woods to read books by telling her they would buy her chocolate cake for her birthday.  Although she may have acted in a childish manner, it did not matter since the cake was worth it and neither of the twins criticized her.

Indriya's school was established when India was still under the suppression of the British imperial forces, it had many books that were published at the time and way before. She would spend most of her time here than anywhere else in school, after all, it was her domain.