Chapter 4

Next day I directly reached airport to see my Boss already standing along with other executives near boarding.
They all came with their respective partners and family and I'm stuck with this man who is my boss for the whole week.I greeted all them and stood beside my Boss quickly reciting him the schedule again for this week. Quickly we boarded the flight to Bangalore which is our first destination.

Reaching the hotel ,it was decided that we will meet in lobby after 1.5 hrs.

I quickly scanned my room & gave a call to my mother. Thinking of taking a small nap I set the alarm after half an hour and closed my eyes.

Groaning to the alarm I got up and went to take a shower. After having a relaxing shower I came out wearing casuals got ready and reached my boss's room. After knocking on the door for 3 times it was opened by my boss who was also wearing casuals.And much to my dismay we are twining like seriously.
Getting inside his room we briefly discussed about the production work going on in the branch, and I gave few breifings about the managers and department heads.

As it was time, we quickly reached in the lobby. By the time we reached most of them were already there chit chatting. When both us were walking ahead I observed that Mrs.Negi was giving me a teasing look to which I gave her a not interested look. Mrs Negi was one of our Department head's wife with whom I am very close. Whenever we meet, her constant dialogue will be ,"if I had a son, you would have been my daughter in law". Giving her a small smile I used to skip the topic.

Reaching them I stood behind Mrs Negi.

Mrs Negi " I just felt like a newly married cute couple were walking but  who had a fight seeing the distance between you both".

"I don't know what are you talking. And FYI he is my boss aunty", answering her I tried to skip the topic

When everyone reached down we all walked towards the restaurant which was the other side of the hotel.By the time we reached employees were already present there.

Come on  Dhriti, it's time to socialize.
Giving myself a prep talk I stood beside my Boss.

We booked whole ground floor and it was buffet. Exactly after 1.5 hrs we finished talking to people we had our food which was delicious but half of the items are already finished. Shortly after that it was time for pictures. Clicking pictures with all the departments we bid bye to everyone and I had to check whether everyone got into vehicles to reach back offices.
Finishing my work I saw my boss still talking to few people.

Shortly he finished his talks and we walked back to hotel.Parting our ways I reached my room, put my phone for Charging and I got fresh up and ordered myself some hot chocolate and sat in the balcony.

It was near to evening and I thought of giving a call to home. Taking the phone I dialed my mom's number and it was answered by my sis.

Dia "Hi Di"

"Haii Diyu".

Diya "I have seen that you and your boss are twining Today".

"Oh God!! not that again.And it was just a coincidence".

Dia," Ya ya what a great coincidence".

"Shut up and tell me how was your day?"

"It was good, college,home and Binge watching.What's new"

"Hahahaha, I know I know.Was there once".

Dia ," How was your day?"

"Just a lunch, some talks and now I'm in my room drinking hot chocolate"

Dia "nice nice".

"What's mom and Dev doing"?

Dia "He is just back from school and Mom is waiting for her students".

"Okay. I'm hanging up now, will take a small nap,got to catch a flight tomorrow morning".

Dia ," Which city tomorrow"?

" Chennai, Hyderabad, Delhi and at last Pune".

Dia ,"Terrific, roaming all-over India".

"Terrific for you maybe,but for a introvert like me, I'm good with my room,a blanket and a book".

Dia," Di can't you get something from me there".

"Ya ya, call me after 5 ,will be on street spree".

Dia," Thanks di,Bye".

"Bye bye".

With a sigh I fell on the bed.

Getting ready I reached Commercial Street to shop for my family. After n number of video calls to my sister and many shops I completed my shopping.Carrying 3 bags I reached hotel after 2 hrs totally exhausted.

Opening my room door , I plopped on my bed. Nothing is lovable than a soft and fluffy hotel room bed.

But God doesn't want me to be in peace as someone started knocking on the door. Groaning , I  shut  my eyes tightly to escape the sound but the person out there is one persistent human being. Sighing I stood up to open the door and leaned on it. But seeing the person on door I automatically straightened by back.

"Yes boss , do you need anything"?

Abhik " where were you?"

"Excuse me?"

Abhik " I asked you where were you all the time?"

"I was out for shopping".

Abhik (he took deep breath as if controlling his anger may be) " I know you have every right to go out and enjoy but you should be responsible enough to inform someone about it. I was calling your phone but it was coming busy every time I tried, there is no reply for my messages. Don't forget that I promised your mom about your safety. Did you get my point?".

He spoke with such a hard tone so even I kept my silence.

Looking down I just nod my head after hearing to his class.

Patting my head twice he returned to his room.Did he just pat my head.
I am his pet or what??!!
Whatever, I'll just pack my things properly and sleep for sometime.
We have some more cities to visit. God!!! sometimes all these travelling and talking to people exhaust me more than work does.

For the night I called room service and ordered my self some curd rice and some icecream.

Opening "Love Hypothesis" I started to read it while enjoying my icecream.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
One by one we visited our branches and had many people to interact and at last we reached Mumbai. After picking my luggage I thought of booking a cab when my boss suddenly came from nowhere and ushered me to follow him.

Shrugging , I followed him to his car where his driver loaded my luggage along with his and started towards my home.

Reaching my home I got down not before thanking my boss and driver uncle.

Getting inside I hugged my mom tightly missing her warmth from one week.

After our hugging sessions mom asked me to freshen up and take rest for sometime as I will resume my work from tomorrow.