Chapter 3

Dhrithi 's Pov:

People  usually have many fears. If you ask me what top's the list,I would say "stage fear".We humans can talk non stop on many things but when we are asked to talk in front of many people, we start to shiver,our voices becomes squeaky,hands sweaty,legs shiver,and we don't even remember what we prepared.I used to face this alot at the starting of my College days and I think I'm not only the one who have stage fear here. So many people have this among us and please raise your hand if you are just like me. But slowly I overcame the problem in college by force fully participating in group presentations, individual presentation, debates etc.
Sometimes I used to envy people in my class who used to talk so freely without any fear.

But everything came to zero when I had a presentation in the office.God!! I thought that I have overcame my stage fear but boy I was so wrong.I still remember how I stood like an idiot in middle of people. Oh and the ridiculous look given by my boss. Till today I feel like a fool but after getting an assurance from him which was just blinking his eyes at me, I somehow completed the presentation on that day.But after giving many presentations slowly I became habitual now.  Now even I can talk freely without any nervousness.
And the only solution for stage fear is practice,a lot of practice in front of mirror and your friends so many times that they will also start to recite full paragraphs along with you.

After giving a last glance at the PPT points I got ready for the day.
Sprinting down I had my breakfast, dropped Diya in her college and reached my office.Reaching my floor I went to conference hall to check the arrangements and projector.There is still 15 mins for the meeting to start.

I got a call from my boss asking me to come to his cabin and I reached his and knocked twice before entering.

Abhik : all the arrangements are done for today?

Drithi : Yes, I checked everything twice.

Abhik : Good.Now can I get a coffee.

Drithi : But I asked Neha to give it you.

Abhik : Oh that one,I poured it into that plant. Now bring me one.

Is this man is for real, he just wasted a coffee and asking me now to prepare one.He can never see me free from work. Such a devil boss. But can't say anything to him except saying yes

Drithi : Ohk Sir.

Saying that I left to bring his coffee.

Hurriedly I reached the executive pantry, made his coffe and reached his cabin with a coffee mug.

Within 5 mins we both were in the conference room and people started to fill the seats.Standing up I introduced myself and the team and started with the introductories.After that I started with the presentation and it took me 1 hr to complete it with all the questions in the middle thrown at me.

At the end of the meeting it was already lunch time and I winded up everything and reached canteen with my lunch pack which I shared with few of my friends from the office.

Reaching my floor I observed that my boss has company of his own sweet best friend Mr.Samir Mehta,a renowned Psychologist.I admire their friendship alot. As they a friendship should be stress-free and low - maintenance, they are best example for it.Both are busy people leaving less time to spend with eachother, getting to meet once in a while in a busy schedule but still they both have each other's back.

I knocked their cabin to ask if they require anything as a courtesy.

Samir : Hello Ms.Drithi

Drithi : Hello Mr.Samir

Samir :How are you? How's everything going in life.

Drithi :Thanks for asking. I'm doing good.How about you?.