Chapter 8

The door was opened by a domestic helper, I went towards his study placed the files n flowers and thought of looking for him

The door was opened by a domestic helper, I went towards his study placed the files n flowers and thought of looking for him. Reaching his room I knocked twice and entered as per my habit only to look at his sister sharvya and her husband Amit in a compromising position. I swallowed my shrieks and abruptly turned around only to bang on my Boss.

"Ouch."

Abhik "Hey...are you hurt?"

"No, I'm fine..., I actually came for signatures on some files."

"Okay then, let's sit in study", said Abhik.

We both reached study and there were the flowers which I placed. I gave a glance at him when he was looking at the flowers. There was a glint but it was gone in a blink making me to doubt on myself whether I saw it or imagined.
But seeing his lack of interest made me less enthusiastic.

Afterwards we started concentrating on work. After an hour I decided to go home as there was no work in office also. Taking all the files and my bag I stood up to leave.

Abhik " Wait"

Listening to him I turned towards him in a hope that he will say something but saw a very serious expression on his face.

Walking towards me he stood infront of me.

Abhik " feeling angry on me? Want to shout at me and ask not to cut off me. You know what I am feeling all these years. "

Angry, I answered him timidly.

Abhik " no idiot, I was hurt and disappointed."

Listening to him I couldn't control my tears and they started to pour without any control.

Abhik " hey don't cryy....shhh... I'm sorry. Was I too harsh on you."

"No, why are you apologizing. It's all my fault."

Abhik "Come here "

I took a steps towards him and hugged my best friend after years.

Abhik " don't cry now,ok.shh... Do one thing take a leave tomorrow if you want."

"No, I'm fine. I'll just go home now."

Abhik " Shall I drop you?"

"That's ok. I'll take my leave."

Abhik " call or message me after reaching home,ok".

"Ok", I answered him.

As I was leaving their home, aunty called me back.

Aunty, " Beta you are not leaving the home without having lunch,ok. And we even decide to re-watch the marriage video. So message your mom and inform her."

I wanted to say no but I couldn't and reluctantly I nodded my head and reached dining hall to do any help.

" Can I help in something aunty."

Aunty," No darling, everything is done. Can you call your boss for dinner plz."

"Sure."

Reaching his study room again, I knocked on door twice. On receiving response I entered inside.

"Aunty is calling everyone for lunch."

He raised his eyebrows looking at me in questioning manner.
So, I only answered him that I'm staying for lunch.

He got up and was going out of the room. I got hold of his hand and stopped him from leaving the room.

"When will you forgive me?" and I tried to give my best puppy eyes.

"Just give me sometime na, ok. It will be alright again. And any trouble just don't forget that I'm here."

Nodding, we both came downstairs.
Boss 's nephew cutie Arjun was having his lunch fed by his mom. For 10-15 mins he troubled his mom a lot for having food. Finnally he finished his lunch and we started having our lunch and listening to some of these sibling stories we came and sat in hall.

My boss went and started to play his sister's wedding video.

Watching this brought so many beautiful memories. His sister's marriage is one of the best and I enjoyed a lot those days. His sister shravya and her husband love story is also very cute. Sharvya di was actually a year senior to Amit bhai in their college during bachelor's. Amit bhai actually saw Shravya di during fresher's party and soon they become friends. From there slowly their friendship turned to love and they got married.
Soon it was evening, and I took my leave and started to home. I was happy today so took some jalebi,samosa,kachori to home.

Seeing me happy my mom was also happy. We had samosas with tea sitting on terrace of our home. It is such a good feeling. Looking at the sunset in the sky gives such a serene feeling.

Dhriti, "Maa can you apply some oil to my hair. It has been days since you last applied."

Jahnavi, " Ofcourse beta, bring some warm oil. I'll come to ur room after placing these tea cups for washing.

Nodding I heated some oil. As my hair is wavy to curly and a bit frizzy most of the days I usually go with a ponytail.

Receiving some good massage for few minutes did take the whole stress.

I ate some curd rice and slept after keeping alarm for next day.