Be my Valentine

Noah Benson was genuinely a good kid. He rarely had fits unless it was a particularly bad day. He was always kind and respectful to others. He always did as he was told and worked hard in anything he was involved in. Sometimes you forgot the boy was only five years old because his maturity level was higher than most kids his age. So it came as a surprise to you and Alex to hear from Olivia just how bad Noah has been today.

"I'm not sure what's going on. I picked him up from school and we talked and then once we got home he started acting out." Olivia explained looking completely exhausted. Alex smiled handing her a glass of wine. "Maybe it's just a bad day. It happens." Olivia shakes her head "No he was fine when I first picked him up. He didn't seem like he was in a mood." "How about I go talk to him while Alex draws you a bath?" you suggested. Olivia smiles "That sounds nice." Alex chuckles grabbing her hand "Come on Momma. Let's get you relaxed."

You smiled watching the two of them retreat to the bedroom. Walking towards Noah's room you knocked on the door waiting for him to answer. "Yeah," he answered. You cracked the door peaking inside. "Hey, buddy. Can I come in?" you asked. The boy nods his head taking a seat on his bed. You sat next to him smiling at him. "Momma said you've been out of sorts today. Want to tell me what's going on?" you asked. He sighed "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be bad." he mumbled. "We all have bad days bud. But can you tell me what's going on? Maybe I can fix it."

The boy sighs taking a steady breath. "I asked momma if she had a Valentine and she said yes you and Lex," he said. You smiled although you were confused "Okay?" He sighs his bottom lip trembles "I wanted to ask Lex to be my Valentine." he confessed. You smiled trying to hold back your giggle. "So you're upset that Lex is momma's valentine?" you asked. "Why does she get to have two? I knew momma would ask you so I made a card for Lex today at school. I was going to give it to her when she came home. I didn't want her to feel left out." he cries.
"That's very sweet of you Noah. I'm sure Lex would love to see it," you tell him. He gets up walking to his backpack pulling out the handmade card offering it to you. The paper card is covered in pink and red hearts, the inside holds a drawing of what you're assuming is Noah and Alex, and the message inside reads "Lex will you be my Valentine?" You smiled as tears pricked your eyes. "Oh, Noah. This is so beautiful. "  The boy sighs taking the card out of your hands. "But now I can't ask her." he cries.
You smiled "Come with me. I have an idea."

You send a text to Olivia and Alex explaining that you and Noah had an earn to run. Once you got back Olivia and Alex were sitting on the couch talking. You and Noah walked in making your way towards them. The two of you stand in front of them as they smile. "Where did you two go?" Olivia asked. "Noah has something he wants to say," you tell them. "Noah." you nudged the boy looking down at him with a smile. He smiles nodding his head handing Olivia a bouquet of flowers. "I'm sorry I was bad momma," he says looking at Olivia. She smiles " It's okay Noah. Can you tell me what was wrong?" she asked. You smiled cutting in "He will. But first, he has a question for Alex." you explained.

Alex smiles sitting up looking at the boy. He blushes handing her the card and another set of flowers the two of you picked up. "Lex, will you be my valentine?" he asked. Alex smiles wide taking the card and flowers from the boy. "Awe Noah. Yes, I would love to be your Valentine," she says. His smile grows as hugs the blonde tight. Olivia chuckles "What am I missing?" "Noah," you called to the boy. He pulls back from Alex standing in front of Olivia. "I was mad," he confessed. Olivia gives him a puzzled look "Why?"  "You said that Mommy and Lex were your Valentines and I was going to ask Lex when she got home. I knew you would ask mommy and I didn't want Lex to be left out. So I made her a card to ask her but you already did." he explained.

Olivia smiles as tears shine in her eyes. She picks him up sitting him on her lap. "Oh, my sweet little boy. I'm sorry I didn't realize," she says. He smiles "It's okay. I didn't mean to be bad." Olivia chuckled kissing his cheek. "It's alright. Listen from now on how about you and I share mommy and Lex for Valentine's Day. What do you say?" she suggests? The boy smiles nodding his head "That way no one is left out." he says. She laughs "That's right." she tells him hugging the boy. While they're hugging she looks over at you and Alex sending you both a big smile.