Just Give It Time

It's been a few months since things have become serious between you, Olivia, and Alex and things are going great. Noah loves the extra attention he gets from "Lex" as he calls her. The three of you quickly became one unit working together to make one big happy home.

While you had strong feelings for her you have yet to say those three words. You didn't understand your hesitation. Alex has been living with you guys for over a month, she and Olivia have already shared those words together. So what was holding you back? It's not as if you didn't care for her. However, when she spoke those three words to you last night you froze. You tried to quickly replace your shocked expression but Alex noticed it immediately. She quickly produced a small smile on her face. "It's okay. You don't have to say it back," she tells you. As much as you wanted to say it back your mouth would not produce the words. Alex tried to play it off like it was okay but you could tell it hurt her.

After hours of lying awake looking between the two of them, you get up in search of some clarity. A series of questions roamed through your mind but were soon interpreted by Olivia joining you on the couch. "Hey," she whispered. "Hey," you said smiling as she sits with you. "It's early sweets. What are you doing up?" Breathing deeply you sighed "I couldn't sleep." you tell her. She nods her head wrapping her arm around you bringing you closer to her. "Wanna talk about it?" she asked.

Pulling back you sit up turning your body to face her. "I hurt her feelings. She didn't say it but I saw it. I feel awful." you explained. "Honey I'm sure she understands. If you're not ready to express your feelings yet that's okay." Olivia says reassuringly. You sighed rolling your eyes "What's the matter with me Liv? She's amazing. She's wonderful with Noah and us. She fits so perfectly in our family. Why can't I just say it?" you asked her your eyes tearing up. Olivia smiles "Honey no offense but you're worse than me when it comes to guarding your heart. It just takes time. Was she hurt? A little. But...I guarantee she knows how you feel whether you say it or not. Just give it some time. Okay?" she asked squeezing your hand.

You smiled "Okay." Olivia smiles leaning in to gently kiss you. "Let's go back to bed," she says taking your hand as she gets up. You smile as she tugs you up with her following behind as she leads you back to the bedroom. Olivia steps to the side allowing you to climb in first before following behind you. She sighs as she gets comfortable. "Love you," she whispered. "Love you too," you replied turning over to face Alex. Moving towards her you snuggled as close as possible. You smiled when she moved her arms wrapping it around you in her sleep pulling you closer to her body.