Just Give It Time. 2

After your conversation with Olivia, you felt somewhat better. However, the guilt of hurting Alex still lingers. During the rush hour, you called mornings the three of you raced against the clock to get Noah fed, dressed, and out the door along with yourselves. While you expected Alex to say it again as she kissed your lips goodbye the words were never spoken. Maybe she thought she was doing you a favor since your hesitancy days prior. However, it just left you feeling worse about the situation.

That chaotic morning was just the beginning of a long shitty day for you. It felt as if the world's sole mission today was to give you hell. Liv called asking you to join her and Alex for lunch which you quickly declined due to the shit storm you were facing at your job. Expressing your apologies to them both you quickly got back to the problem at hand. Finally getting a minute to catch your breath you sighed as you heard a knock on the door. Quickly wiping your tears away you answer "Yeah."

Unexpectedly you see Alex walking into your office. "Hey," you said surprised. "Hey." she smiled closing the door behind her. "What are you doing here?" you asked getting up to greet her. "Well, Liv said that you couldn't make it for lunch because things were crazy here so I decided to bring you some food," she says lifting the bag. You smiled "Thank you. You didn't have to do that." you tell her. She shrugged her shoulders "I have a long lunch and I knew you didn't have breakfast. Plus I know you. You'll get so wrapped up that your first meal will be dinner." she chuckles. You smile at her words as your tears fall freely unable to hide any longer.

Alex notices dropping the bag on the desk as she reaches forward "Hey." she said grabbing your arms. "What's wrong?" she asked as you crumble in her arms as your body melts into hers. "It's just a bad day," you mumbled against her chest. She hums as her fingers play in your hair "I'm sorry love."  You cried pulling her closer to you as if that were possible. "Is there anything I can do?" she asked. Sniffling you pull back looking up at her " Kiss me?" you asked. She smiles as she leans down her lips meeting yours. Her kiss instantly relaxes you washing away any worries you had previously.

Alex pulls back looking down at you "Better?" she asked. You stared back up at her as something clicked inside of you. "What?" she chuckled watching the mix of emotions play on your face. You smiled leaning back up to kiss her passionately. She moans into the kiss rocking back on her heels trying to steady herself. Pulling back you cradle her face in your hands. "I love you," you whispered against her lips. She smiles "You do?" she asked. Nodding your head you lean in and kiss her again. "I do," you said pulling back. "I love you, Alex," you say once more causing her to smile brightly.

"I love you too," she says. You pulled her in for a hug cuddling your head into the side of her neck as she holds you. After a while, she squeezes you before pulling back. "Your food is going to be cold," she says. "I don't care." you sighed pulling her body back towards you. She laughs "You will when you're eating cold fries." she says making you chuckle. "Eat your food love. I'm not going anywhere," she says leading you to your chair. You sit watching her as she opens the bag setting out the food she's brought. She giggles when she notices you watching her rolling her eyes she leans down to kiss you. "I love you," she says. "I love you too," you replied.