I'm his mother too.

While being in a relationship is wonderful it's not always easy peasy. Especially a relationship between three stubborn women. Alex and Olivia are usually the ones going head to head with you being the clam level-headed medium. However, tonight that was not the case.

You and Olivia were currently in a heated disagreement about Noah.  Which led to Alex playing the mediator between the two of you. Though Alex tried to stay neutral she ended up voicing her opinion and Olivia agreed with her. When the two came to the agreement Olivia announced the end of the discussion which pissed you off.
It's not the fact that Alex gave her opinion on the matter she was just as involved in Noah's life as you and Olivia. Once the three of you made the relationship serious Alex quickly stepped into the role of motherhood which she did flawlessly. No, it was the fact that once the two came to an agreement they completely dismissed you. Neither one is interested in your opinions. Not wanting to escalate the fight you excused yourself to the bedroom. 

In search of some clarity and time to cool off, you decide to take a shower. The quiet space gave you time to think. And the more you thought about it the more upset you became. It hurt your feelings more than anything. To feel completely dismissed and unheard. Olivia has never shut you down so quickly. Salty tears mixed with the warm water as you held yourself.

Once you were dressed you walked out of the room to see Alex and Olivia already sitting in bed. Quietly you made your way to the bed crawling in between them. You didn't say anything as you settled under the covers. The silence became too much for Olivia as she turns slightly to face you.
"Are we going to talk about what happened?" she quietly asked. Shrugging your shoulders you ask "what's there to talk about?" "Well for one you walked away from an argument and two we need to make a decision about Noah. "

"I walked away because I had nothing left to say. And you and Alex already came to a decision," you muttered already getting annoyed.  Olivia huffed " So that's how we handle things now?" "I don't know Liv you tell me!" you shout. "Why are you acting like this?" she yells.  "Just leave it alone Olivia." mumbled.
"No. Talk to me. You're completely shutting down that's not how this works." "Oh! So you completely dismissing me and siding with Alex is how it works now?!" you asked. Olivia rolls her eyes "So you're mad that I sided with Alex? Jesus Christ y/n."

Quickly turning your body to face hers you shout "don't do that! Don't you dare sit here and belittle me." feeling the angry rising in your body.  "Guys let's just breathe for a moment okay," Alex suggests calmly trying to defuse the tension.  " No, if she wants to throw a fit because I agreed with you let her," Olivia says looking at Alex.  "Fuck you, Olivia." your shout your voice cracked with emotion as you try to escape the bed.  Olivia quickly reaches for your arm tugging you back. Your eyes meet and you can see the angry in her eyes melt away when she noticed the tears forming in yours. She quickly removes her hand as if she's touched fire. "I'm sorry. " she whispered.

The three of you sit in silence for a moment replaying the events in your head of how you managed to get here. Olivia gently cradles your arm in her hands. " Did I hurt you?" she whispered tears forming in her eyes. "No." you sighed wiping your tears away. "Talk to me. Please," she whispered. Sniffling you speak " You completely dismissed me. Once you decided what was right and Alex agreed that was it. You didn't even try to hear me out."

"I didn't mean to," she said.  "I'm his mother too." you cried looking up at Olivia.  " of course you are," she said. " He's my son too and my opinion should be taken into consideration as well not thrown to the side because the two of you think you know best."  Olivia sighed "I'm sorry y/n I didn't realize." "I know," you said cutting her off.  "That's the problem. You tuned me out the moment someone backed you. I know legally he is your son. But I have been here for three years. I love that little boy with all my heart and for you to not care about what I think hurts me."  "I do care. Y/n I swear I never set out to make you feel invalid. And I'm sorry that I did." she says tears flowing down her face.
She pulls you in to straddle her lap wiping the wet tears on your face. Once she can speak she cradles your face in her hands. " Listen to me you're Noah's mother no matter what it says on paper. You have changed not only his life but mine as well. We love you more than anything. I'm so sorry that I made you feel any different." she sobs. You lean in hugging her tightly as you both cry. Olivia repeatedly apologizes as she holds you. Pulling back from her embrace you place a gentle kiss on her lips. " I love you," you whispered against her lips. "I love you too," she says kissing you again. "I'm so sorry," she whispers in between kisses.

Sighing you pull back to look over at Alex who has been silent throughout most of this. You can see the tears in her blue eyes as you make eye contact. You curl your finger motioning her to come closer. A small smile appears on her face as she moved closer to you. Leaning over you place your hand on her cheek pulling her in for a kiss. She moans kissing you back. Pulling back your hand gently strokes her cheek " I want you to understand that I'm not mad at you. I love how involved you're with Noah. He adores you as much as I do. You're an amazing mom to him and I love how protective you can be. I value every opinion you give in regards to him. I just want to be heard as well and sometimes it's hard with you two." Alex nods her head as tears flow freely "I know. I'm sorry." "It's okay." You whispered. Alex shakes her head "it's not. It's something we need to work on. All three of us. I never want you to feel like you're not heard."  The two of you smile at each other.

Olivia's hands grab your hips pulling you closer to her. " I promise you we will work on it. I'm sorry for making you feel this way and I'm sorry for losing my temper. I'm sorry if I hurt you physically and emotionally speaking." She says her words breaking as her sobs escape her cheat. Lifting your arm she places gentle kisses as she cries. "I'm okay Liv honest. I may have been upset about the discussion but I know you would never physically hurt me." She cries harder pulling you in for a hug. Burying her face in your chest she cries harder as you hold her in place repeating how sorry she is over and over again. Once she's calmed down she pulls back leaning up to kiss you slowly.

You smile into the kiss pulling back to catch your breath. Looking over you see Alex who is silently watching with a small smile. "How about we table this conversation for the morning and get some rest." She suggested to the two of you. Olivia and you both chuckle nodding your heads in agreement. Crawling off her lap you settle in between the two of them. Both women cuddle into your side as Alex laces her fingers between Olivia. "You know Alex you're getting better at playing mediator." You tell her laughing. She chuckles "well normally it's Olivia and I acting crazy but I figured I'd give you a go at it tonight." The three of you laugh as you drift off.