34: Be my Valentine

Y/N POV:
-Y/N! A yell sounds through the castle. I stand confused in my room, deep cleaning it and putting my clothes neatly in my closet. I then open my door and stick my head out confused. Down the hall I see Barb running in full speed at me, phone in hand.
-What's going on!? I ask worriedly.
-You guys celebrate Valentine's Day!? Barb pants heavily as she stops in front of me.
-Uh yeah, what about it? I ask nonchalantly and shrug. Valentines was never a big thing for me, it was mostly just a joyous celebration that I celebrated with Poppy and we bought each other candy. Poppy took it more seriously than me but who doesn't want someone to celebrate with?
-What abou- what about it!? Y/N that's huge, Barb says.
-Why? I ask and walk back into my room to clean.
-I mean sure we're gonna be valentines but is it that huge? I ask.
-It is huge! Explain why I got a text from Poppy asking if I wanna join in on planning your valentines week. WEEK Y/N! Barb shows me the text.
-You guys don't have that? I ask.
-No? Barb says.
-We just celebrate the day itself, she continues.
-You're kidding? I turn to her.
-Why would I be kidding? She asks upset. I then smile.
-Then it's a huge deal! I agree.
-That's what I've been saying! Barb says.
-Ok what did Poppy write? I ask and take her phone to read her text.
-Uh-Huh... well why not host it here? I ask.
-Wait, you want us to host your valentines event thing? Barb asks.
-Yeah why not? We got the tourism and you sound too excited for us not to, I laugh.
-Really? You don't think Poppy would mind? She asks.
-Of course not, as long as she's in the planning committee, I say and give Barb her phone back.
-Ooo this is gonna be awesome! I'll call her right away! She says and calls Poppy. I grin in amusement of her childish excitement but I continue to clean the last bit up as I hear Barb talk to Poppy.

Two days later:
-Ahhhhh Poppy! I scream and hug my sister.
-Branch! Get in here! I wave in my friend in the hug and he just rolls his eyes with a smile. Barb snickers and pushes him into the hug where me and Poppy cling onto him and he glares at her. He then grabs Barbs arm when she's unsuspecting and pulls her into the hug too.
-You suck man, I hear Barb mutter.
-Yeah sure, I hear Branch say back before we let go.
-Alright guys, I got the carousels and stuff from last year on the way, Poppy says.
-Carousels? You pop trolls are crazy, Barb says starstruck.
-Trust me, they know, Branch says.
-Oooo I'm so excited! I say.
-And this year I finally have someone else than my sister to celebrate it with, no offense Poppy, I say.
-Honestly I just know how big this is for you so I'm gonna ignore that, Poppy says.
-Alright well let's get to planning, huh? Branch asks and Barb leads the way. Poppy and Branch get to sleep in another guest room in the castle, which they weren't ready for, and I'll just stay with Barb, as usual.
-Honestly why do you even have your own room if you live in Barbs room anyway? Poppy says.
-We have the space, Barb shrugs.
-Alright guys, I have the best plans for the games, Branch says and excitedly holds up a couple of blueprints.
-Wow Branch-boy, you came prepared, Barb nods excitedly.
-Of course, I plan this a whole year ahead. The only set back is the new location but it's fine, I'll fix that as we go, Branch points out and we all look shocked at him.
-So where is the planning room? Branch asks.
-Well I was just thinking that we'd sit at the dining room table, I say and point down the hall towards the kitchen.
-That'll do... for now, Branch says. Barb looks extremely confused down at me and I shrug and take us all to the kitchen.

-Oh come on Branch, we gotta eat dinner! Poppy tries to convince her boyfriend for the 15th time in the past 10 minutes.
-No because we can't hold the ring toss that time because it'll be way too dark and if it rains we're gonna need a roof! Branch holds up and Barb groans.
-C'mon bro, we gotta eat, my stomachs gonna start eating itself, Barb says and I groan in pain as my own stomach rumbles loudly.
-You know what, let's go, c'mon, I then immediately stand up and roll up all of his blueprints and he gasps terrified.
-C'mon "Branchboy", I say and pat his shoulder as I start pushing him out the door.

Tuesday, 6 days before Valentine's Day, first day of valentines week:
Volcano rock city is more crowded than ever with their bustling tourism and hosting the valentines week. The event went viral after someone had posted progress videos on the internet so more people came than expected. Either way, we all had woken up extremely early to start this day off right.
-See Branch, I told you that the ring toss would be fine next to the jewelry store, I say and Branch scoffs.
-I think their sales have tripled since we put that up, Barb nods.
-Barb! We all hear a voice behind us and we turn to see Riff.
-Whats up my man? Barb asks.
-I just saw the cutest girl in the square and I just stood there staring for like five minutes, Riff says panicked.
-Did she see you? I ask.
-No... But Biggie did and snapped me out, Rudd says sadly.
-Do we know her? Barb asks.
-Well I don't know... Biggie said that she was a pop troll but that's it, Riff shrugs.
-C'mon man, it's the holiday of love! Barb holds Riff at her side.
-Yeah we have to pair you two up! I say.
-I'm not sure that that's a good idea, Riff says unsure.
-Well we don't know if we don't try, I say.
-Well... ok then, Riff says and we head towards the town square.

-Is that her? Barb asks.
-Nope, Riff says.
-Her? Barb continues.
-Not her either, Riff answers.
-Oh c'mon, she's pop how hard could this be, I sigh frustrated.
-What hair color did you say she had again? I ask.
-Like... green? Riff says.
-"Like green"? C'mon man you can do better than that, Barb says.
-Well I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention, Riff shrugs and me and Barb both let out a pained grunt.
-Wait! I say when I see a green like tuff of hair in the crowd.
-Is that her? I ask and point at her.
-I don't see... Riff says and carefully lifts his hat.
-Yeah that's her! He exclaims.
-Then what are you standing around here for? Go get her! Barb shoved him in her direction.
-I don't know what to say! Riff shoots back.
-Just introduce yourself. Be nice, be cool, Barb says.
-Alright... be cool... Riff shoots a quick thumbs up at us before he goes.
-Well then I think our mission here is done, I say and we head back to Branch and Poppy.
-Well I for one think I was a romantic genius, Barb says proudly.
-You? Oh please, you learned that from me, I say.
-Yeah yeah... be my valentine? Barb changes the subject.
-Of course, I say and kiss her cheek.