6: evil schemes

Third person POV:
Queen Barb walk proudly into her tour bus, bragging about the string she just retrieved.
-Yeah! We got the techno string! Who knew world domination was so much fun? She asks and everyone in that tour bus cheers loudly back. Barb starts high-fiving and fist bumping her fellow rock trolls as she goes. When she gets to the head of the bus she gets presented with an electric guitar.... that only has one string? But as she puts the techno string down, it flawlessly joins the other string and turns from its original neon blue, to a deep crimson red. Everyone cheers at their achievement.

Barb POV:
-Only four more strings to go before rock unites the world, I brag and sit down at the throne we made to sit sturdy in the busses. But then I realize we're missing a troll, so I sit back up again.
-Dad? Where's dad? I ask. Then I hear flushing from the bathroom and out comes my dad, King Thrash of the rock trolls. His wheelchair has fire blasters that goes off and he nods proudly.
-There you are dad! I got the techno string, I say proudly.
-Cool, he says and backs up again to stand at a comfortable place.
-what's the string o-buh, uh, he stammers.
-Do you remember the plan? I ask concerned.
-Plan? I don't remember any plan? he says confused.
-Great idea dad, I comfort him and pet his hand.
-Alright guys line up, we're going through the plan again! I tell them and the trolls with the plan sewn into their jackets line up in order.

-Ok, we're on a world tour, and at each stop we get a new string, I explain and show him the first and second jacket.
-When I have all six strings I will play the ultimate power chord, I explain from the last jacket.
-And then I will join all trolls under one music... Our music! I announce.
-Rock! Everyone cheers. I turn to dad who's slowly, ever so slowly, putting his hand up, trying to make the rock symbol. Everyone watches in suspense.
-Oh, here it comes, I say excitedly. As it takes a bit longer than we thought, my drummer Riff pipes up.
-Just a little bit more, he points out.
-Riff, c'mon, help him man, I tell him.
-Yes your rockness, Riff says and immediately runs up to dad and puts his two fingers up.
-Aw, there we go, he says, as my dad finally puts his hand up in the air. We all then cheer in glee and I walk up to hug my dad.

Third person POV;
As the rock trolls celebrate their success with the first two strings, Y/N, Poppy and Branch are still left standing alone in a destroyed landscape. They walk closer to the sound they heard earlier, hoping and praying for it to be a troll that got away from the attack. But no. It was a small flute. It rolls out from a hill of sand and Poppy carefully picks it up.
-What... What is this place? I ask.
-It used to be called symphonyville! The flute says gleefully. It then coughs out dust from one of their holes.
-It's where the classical music trolls used to live, it then says with a hint of sadness in its voice.
-But that was in the before, it says.
-What happened here? Poppy asks.
-Well... It was the most wonderful place you ever did see. It was a place where the classical music trolls lived in perfect harmony. Wherever the conductor lead, we followed. But then queen Barb showed up... it explains.
-Barb demanded our string... and insulted our music. She blew everyone away with her speakers and she stole it. Our string and our music. We lost everything, it finishes and I look around sadly. I walk up to something poking out of the ground, and I pick it up. I look like a very small, very fancy ukulele, almost like the one I have at home. I then turn back to Poppy and Branch. They look sadly back at me.
-Barb doesn't wanna unite us... Poppy realizes.
-No. she wants to destroy us, I say and throw the fancy little ukulele towards them and I start hyperventilating in anger. And I start pacing.

-We need to get home and make sure our own string is safe, Branch says. Poppy puts the flute down and sighs.
-It... it's safe, she says and pulls it out from her hair.
-What!? Branch asks.
-Poppy! I yell at her and run towards her.
-Are you crazy? Branch asks and hides it in between their hands.
-Are you completely out of your mind!? I scold.
-I thought it was a good idea at the time... I can't believe another queen would use her power for evil, Poppy says sadly.
-Woah, woah, woah, you did not tell me this part of the plan Poppy! I say.
-I know, I'm sorry, I-I... I just wanted it to be a big surprise, Poppy says sadly and puts away the string in her hair again.

-Ok, change of plans, we need to get back home and make sure everyone is safe as soon as possible! Branch explains.
-Um no? We need to stop Barb from destroying music! Poppy says.
-Ok now I'm just convinced that you're crazy; Poppy, we can't just head straight towards the danger, we need a plan, I say and put my hands on her shoulders.
-It is a plan! She protests.
-Ok, a plan that will work, I clarify. She frowns at me.
-Poppy you said that we will handle this with hugs, how will we hug our way out of this one? Biggie interrupts, shaking from his toes up.
-Biggie it's ok, Poppy tries to calm him.
-Really, it's ok to be scared? When will I learn to stay away from cotton candy? Biggie scolds himself.
-Biggie, as your queens, we promise that we will protect you at all times, I say and look at Poppy who nods.
-We pinky promise, we say in unison and put our pinkies out. Biggie gasps and turns to us.
-You know you can't go back on a pinky promise! Biggie exclaims.
-Never have, Poppy says.
-Never will, I add.
Mr Dinkles nods at Biggie, and he hooks both of his pinkie fingers through ours and we begin floating in the air as glitter explodes around us.

When we get back on the ground, Poppy and Biggie shares a dramatic look.
-Let it be so, Poppy says.
-And so; it will be, Biggie says. I look at Branch who is rolling his eyes and groaning at their silly act.
-This just got real, the flute butts in. I bring out the map and look at what part is the closest to us right now.
-Ok, we need to get to the country trolls in lonesome flats before Barb does, I explain and put the map down for the others to see. Poppy nods before turning to the flute.
-Will you come with us? Poppy asks them.
-Oh no, someone has to rebuild. And Pennywhistle is the woman for the job, the flute says heroically. Poppy then puts a small construction hat on Pennywhistle.
-Good luck then little Pennywhistle, Poppy says. I salute her, before turning back to the balloon.
-Goodbye Poppy, Pennywhistle says as we turn... But Poppy walks into me.
-Where's our balloon? I ask and point to the place where we had stepped off... and not secured it.

-Oh sprinklefarts, Poppy growls.

Sprinklefarts indeed....