21: hard work

Y/N POV:
The next morning I wake up at 6am, when I know all rock trolls are asleep, to run down to the garage and take a motorbeetle. Barb had given me a helmet that first day, just so I don't crack my head open. I quickly open the garage door and start the motorbeetle to fly away for vibe city. I desperately needed to ask for a favor.

I fly to the big UFO that's known as vibe city and I'm invited in. I look at my watch and it's about 7:30 at this point. I wipe some stress sweat off of my forehead.
-Hey Y/N! Cooper greets.
-Cooper! I yell and hug him.
-Hey Y/N, what's the urgency for? King Quincy asks as he, his wife and Coopers twin, prince D joins us.
-Ok so I received your package, I start.
-You did? Great! Quincy says.
-And I did something stupid... I betrayed Barb. And I know compared to what she has done... anyways, I need help fixing this stupid thing, I say.
-Well what is it? Prince D asks.
-So there's a rock tradition and I kinda ruined it, I say and take off the helmet as the funk royalties lead me into vibe city.
-Ruined it how? Cooper asks.
-Well you know I'm not much for tradition, I laugh sheepishly and Cooper grins.
-But there was this huge guitar pile stopping people from getting out of their houses and I thought well that's... that's junk it has to be moved, I say.
-Naturally, prince D agrees.
-So I made them move it... but then I noticed how people weren't satisfied so I asked... and It's a tradition... so now I have a new idea but I wanna surprise Barb with it, I say as we walk into a hall of funny mirrors.
-And you need our help how? Prince D asks.
-Yeah, you seem to have an idea of how you want it to work out, Cooper says.
-Well I saw how well you all worked together and this ship is... it's awesome and we've already moved half of the pile, soooo I thought if I asked for a favor... I ask nervously. They look at each other.
-You want us to... to help you move guitar scraps? Quincy asks.
-I know it sounds absolutely crazy but if you do this for me, I'll do anything for you. Anything, I say.
-Please I just can't betray the trust I have with Barb. Especially not since that's what started this whole thing but uh... turns out it was for the better huh? I ask and I feel awkward.
-Sorry guys I shouldn't have been bothering you, I gotta get back home maybe Poppy has a favor I can call in, I say.
-Wait Y/N, queen Essence asks.
-We can't help you if you don't tell us what to do. I'm sure we'll all would like to help, Essence says and Funk trolls get closer.
-R-really? I ask.
-Yeah. But it's a little hard without a job description, prince D says and Cooper laughs.
-Oh you guys are too nice, I say.
-We try, king Quincy says and the boys laugh. I nod to them and they nod back.

I smile as I direct the mix of funk and rock trolls from the big guitar pile to a nearby rock formation. I check some things off of my list.
-Hey what- what's going on? Barb walks up to me.
-Oh I'm moving the guitar pile so people can get out of their apartments, I answer and make sure that the guitars that are whole doesn't get hurt too much.
-Yeah but... they're over there now, this makes no sense, Barb says defeated.
-Well... I accept my fate.
-I... I was wrong, I say. Barb looks surprised.
-I'm sorry, I say.
-I actually talked to some trolls and they actually had good ideas on where to put the guitars and... I should've talked to you first. I'm sorry, I say.
-It's ok...? Wow that feels weird, Barb says and I laugh.
-And I saved the best for last, I say and grab Barbs arm, dragging her to the new pile.
-I saw some photos and I Uh... I took the liberty to... you know you just have to see it for yourself, I say and shove her in front of me. She looks up and I tense up.
-So... do you like it? I ask hopefully.
-It's Uh... it's... she trails off and takes a few steps forward. 
-It's... amazing, Barb says. I walk to stand beside her and she's grinning from ear to ear. I can even see a tear fall from her eye.
-Oh my isn't that, isn't that you're uh- you're- 10th birthday guitar? I finish king thrashs' sentence. He looks at me and nods, showing off a big toothy grin.
-Yeah, Barb says and another tear falls. She sniffles and dries her tears. I hug her from the side and look up at her.
-Thank you, Barb says and collects herself.
-Well don't thank just me, I say and pull away.
-These guys helped quite a lot, I say and the funk royalties walks towards us.
-Wow. Thank you guys, Barb thanks them.
-You helped to really save a big part of volcano rock city, Barb says thankfully.
-Well that friend of yours woke up at 6am to get us and ask us for this, Quincy says.
-Y- you woke up at 6am!? Barb asks.
-Well yeah that's the only hour I know you're awake, I say.
-I even took the motorbeetle by myself, I say proudly.
-You did!? Barb asks.
-Yeah, I say.
-No! Barb says.
-Why? I took it back to the garage safe and sound, I- no no no, we always take a photo of the first real motorbeetle trip! Barb interrupts me.
-I, I am just crushing traditions now, wow, I say and put a hand on my forehead.
-No it's fine, it's fine, Barb laughs.
-Let's just take a photo here, this place is awesome, Cooper says happily.
-Sounds good to me! King Thrash says happily.
-Ok pose you guys! Essence says happily. King Thrash poses in the middle and Barb sits on his arm rest. I stand next to them.
-Come on! Barb says and pats the other arm rest.
-Noooo I couldn't, I say.
-Ah sure you can, come on! king Thrash says and I carefully sit down next to him. Barb hooks her arm around my neck and press all of our heads together. I smile so big that my eyes close and I barely see the flash go off. When we stop posing I see the picture some out ready from the camera.
-Wow! You have to get me one of these Coop! I say and grin at the picture and at the camera as it prints out one more identical picture.
-Me too! This is awesome! Barb grins at the picture she receives.
-You guys don't have these? Prince D asks.
-Nope, me, Barb and Cooper says.
-Well I didn't and now I do, Cooper laughs.
-I don't think any other kingdom does, I say honestly.
-Well I guess we're mass producing now, king Quincy laughs.
-Oh yeah? Give me your number and I'll make sure everyone gets one, Barb says and takes out a rectangle thing from her pocket.

-Do what to The Who now? I ask.
-A phone? The funk trolls and rock trolls around me ask.
-Ok I've been living under a rock, I say.
-Maybe we all need to have a chat, Essence says.
-I think so too, I say.
-Especially since I didn't know about any of that, I laugh.
-Ok let me text Poppy and... Barb trails off.
-She doesn't have a phone, she remembers.
-There you go, I pat her shoulder.
-Well send letters, don't worry, Quincy says.
-And Trollex? I ask.
-Ah right, he says.
-I think we should've taken this right after the, I point at Barb and immediately regret it and she laughs.
-After the concert, I say sheepishly.
-We need it desperately, Essence says.
-Well we can't meet in pop village yet, it's still completely destroyed after the, I stop myself in the sentence again.
-I'm sorry, this his not intentional, I say to Barb.
-I know poprock, she reassures.
-Well I guess we can host it. Barb didn't tackle it too much, Essence says and Barb snickers.
-So the first leader meeting... Do I count? I ask.
-Of course you do. You United us, Barb says.
-Well yeah. And I know I'm technically still queen of pop but ya know, it's weird being in my position, I say.
-Oh you'll be fine. Besides you have us. What can go wrong? Barb asks.
-Thanks Barb. Hey guys you think you can drop something off at pop village on your way back? I ask the funk royalties.
-One more favor? Honestly we love doing this, of course we can, Quincy says.
-Thanks guys, I say and give them a letter as they leave.

Me and Barb turn back to the new guitar sanctuary.
-Hey... thanks for this. I should've explained more what I wanted, Barb says.
-It's fine... I asked your dad, I say.
-Yup. Best source, king Thrash rolls past us.
-Dad!? Barb asks.