18: United

Y/N POV:
-Y/N! Dad! Poppy yells at me. Dad joins beside me and Poppy goes ahead and hugs us both. I hug her tightly back.
-Dad, I'm sorry I should've listened to what you said and not run away like that, Poppy say regretfully.
-Yeah me too, I agree shamefully.
-I'm so glad you didn't listen to me, dad says. Me and Poppy look surprised at each other.
-You weren't naive about this world. You actually believed things could change. You were both brave. Braver than me, dad says and I become teary eyed.
-Oh stop it dad, I giggle and sniffle.
-I raised my daughters to be strong and self confident! I was a genius, Dad poses before he jumps out onto the crowd and he crowd surfs away. Me and Poppy look at each other than laugh. Then I turn back to Barb. I nudge Poppy and motion towards Barb. We walk up to her and she sees us. She's smiling again. My stomach twirls.
-I hope you didn't mind me destroying that guitar too much? I start. Barb shakes her head and just smiles at me.
-And now that you're not forcing me, maybe we could be friends too? Poppy asks. A light bulb visibly goes off in Barbs head.
-Yes! She exclaims excitedly.
-Did you hear that Carol!? We have a girl group now! Barb points to a female rock troll.
-A girl group? Nice! She throws away a can of something. Barb laughs.
-Yeah Carol! She's psyched, Barb says. We fist bump before she walks towards Carol.
-So... you were the one to unite all of the genres, Poppy says ashamed. I smile and grab the cape I'm wearing.
-Yeah... are you jealous? I tease.
-No I just. Didn't think you'd be the one to do that. At the beginning I thought I was going to but... it makes more sense now, she says.
-Yeah. Thanks Poppy. I got a lot to tell you about what I learned, I say. She gasps excitedly.
-Omg yes! Please do! Poppy squeals in excitement. I open my mouth to start talking, but notice Branch behind Poppy as I look over her shoulder.
-You know what? We can take it another time, I smile softly at her.
-What? Why not now? Poppy asks disappointed. I smile and look over her shoulder visibly. She turns around confused and it does not help once she sees Branch.

I sneak away from them and join the other leaders in their conversation.
-Ah Y/N, just the troll we wanted to meet, king Quincy says. I bow to them.
-Your majesties, I courtesy.
-Oh please no need for formalities. If anything we should be bowing to you. Even though you sacrificed my village for it... guess I can't blame you now, queen Delta says and I stand back up embarrassed.
-Sorry I'm new to this whole thing, I say sheepishly. The royalties in front of me all laugh in understanding.
-Well what happens now? King Trollzart asks.
-I guess we go back to our own, queen Essence says.
-Well. We don't necessarily need to, I say and they all look at me in wonder.
-Wuh-well I mean since you know, this has brought a lot of trolls together. Maybe they have some new friends they'd like to show their home off to, I say embarrassed. They look at each other.
-Well, what's your point? No need to keep it to yourself now, queen Delta says.
-Well for starters, we're all originally very hostile to each other's music, I state and they all cringe at what I'm saying.
-You can't deny that it's true, I add.
-Besides I've been to almost all of your kingdoms and they're all so beautiful. I just wish there was a more tourist friendly atmosphere, I say.
-Like a, Like a hotel? King Trollex asks. I nod.
-Well yeah that's a start. And maybe shops, a tourist district, I don't know, I shrug.
-That isn't such a bad idea actually, queen Essence says.
-Yeah. We'd love to show off some of our culture. Maybe even visit your village, king Quincy says and I smile happily.
-Oh that's wonderful! King Trollzart claps his hands.
-I think we'd all like to visit the home of the troll who United us, king Trollex says.
-Oh I can't wait! I know exactly where to place things! I say.
-Well first we might need to clean up, queen Delta says.

Barb POV:
I watch as Y/N laughs with the other leaders and I smile. She was the best thing to happen to me in a while. And I blush as I think back at how expertly she played that guitar rip. It was almost... entrancing.
-Dude, you good? Carol asks me and pokes my red cheek.
-Yeah I'm fine, I say and swat her hand away. She shrugs. I look back at the leaders and Y/N is looking at me. She smiles and waves. I give her a lopsided smile and wave back. My head spins for a second before I'm brought back to earth by Poppy and Branch.
-Hey Barb! Poppy says.
-Hey, I greet them. Branch looks scared, but Poppy nudges him.
-I'm sorry for throwing that comprehensive manual at you, he says shamefully. I snicker.
-Dude it's ok, I say.
-Yeah? He asks.
-Yeah! I mean it was kind of funny how that was your only plan to stop me, I point out, making him and Poppy laugh. I feel a swelling in my chest and I become proud of myself. Y/N walks up next to them.
-Hey guys, she greets. We all talk for a little while until trolls start to leave the arena.
-Well, I guess it's time to go home, Poppy says and smiles at Branch.
-Finally, he sighs.
-Yeah you go ahead guys, I'll be right there, Y/N says and looks after them as they walk away.
-Well. These last few days have been fun. I guess it's time to... go home, I sadly give Y/N a smile.
-Well actually... she says.
-Me and the others had a discussion. They think it would be best that I stay here, She says.

Y/N POV:
I Barbs face bright up.
-Wait- really!? She asks excited.
-Yeah, I laugh.
-They thought that I know you enough and you trust me enough to let me stick around and look after you, I say jokingly. She rolls her eyes.
-At least until stuff here is figured out, I say.
-How long will you stay? She asks and grips her guitar tighter in her hands.
-I don't know. As long as I have to I guess, I shrug. What comes next surprises me. Barb strides forward and hugs me tightly. I stand frozen for a second before I throw my arms around her to hug back. When we let go she smiles so bright her teeth are showing.
-Y/N!? I hear Poppy shout.
-Let me go and talk to them, I say and slowly walk away from Barb and towards Poppy and the other pop trolls.

-What's taking so long? Poppy asks as I get closer.
-I'm staying here, Poppy, I say.
-What!? Branch and Poppy yell.
-Ok listen I... I know it sounds weird, but I need to stay here, I turn back to look at Barb, then back at the others. Biggie, Snitch and the other pop trolls have joined us.
-I need to help out, fix things here, I say. Poppy smiles and becomes teary eyed.
-And I think I have to learn how to be a better friend, I smile shyly.
-Awe! Everyone says sadly and develops me in a hug. I hug back.
-You're the bestest sister anyone could ask for, Poppy says and fans her eyes. I laugh.
-I'll come home to get some stuff tomorrow but then I'll go back here and stay till things are stable, I say.
-We'll miss you, Legsly says.
-I'll miss you guys too. But maybe when things are finally done in a couple of weeks, we can throw a party and invite everyone, I say.
-That's a great idea! Biggie says.
-But I can't plan it without you Y/N, Poppy says. I grab her shoulders.
-Of course you can, I say.
-You'll do great. Besides I'll be right here, you know where to find me, I hug her and she hugs back intensely.
-Promise to send letters every day, she says as she lets go.
-I promise, I nod. She lets me go and I back slowly as they walk into the air balloon and begin flying away.

Barb POV:
I watch as Y/N talk to Poppy and Branch and the others. They hug multiple times before Y/N backs away slowly. I walk up to her so that when she stops we stand side by side. She looks at me and we smile at each other before we look up at the air balloon and wave them all goodbye. As they disappear I let down my hand. But Y/N holds her up in the air for a second before slowly putting it down. She looks at me. Then dad comes along.
-So... where's a good place to sleep? she asks.
I look at dad with a grin and he nods and starts rolling away.
-C'mon we'll show you, I say and wave her along. Y/N follows us.

We walk to the rock castle and Y/N stares in awe at the decor. It's very dark, very punk and a lot of black and red and purple stuff. We don't have any stairs in here so that dad can roll anywhere he wants.
-Come on poprock, we got a lot of rooms for you to pick from! I wink at her and she runs to catch up with us.
-Any preferences? Dad asks as he rolls in front of us.
-Oh! Oh uhm, maybe a window? And close to Barb, she says and I blush. I try to cool it as I look at her and she looks embarrassed at me.
-Y'know, you're the closest friend I have in here, she says and I smile as my heart melts.
-Only a window? Hah that's funny, dad says.
-Uhhhh no I don't- I don't think that was meant to be funny, she says confused.
-Don't worry about windows, every room has at least one, I say as I walk up to a room that's a few doors down from my room.
-At LEAST? What's your max? She asks astonished. I put my hand on the door handle.
-I don't know but I bet you're gonna have some time to find out, I say before I open the door.
-This will be your room, I say. She looks inside and her jaw drops. She walks in slowly.
-I- wow... this is so cool. It's a lot different from what my pod looks back at home, she says.
-When you ask for a window in a room I can understand that, dad laughs. She turns around and walks back out.
-Thank you guys. This is awesome, I say.
-And my room is just a few doors down, the one with the tape all over it, I say proudly.
-Nice! She says.
-We all better sleep, it's been a long day, dad says and yawns before rolling to his room at the far end of this corridor. We look after him until his door shuts. Then I look at Y/N.
-So... you think you'll be happy here? I ask.
-Definitely. This room is as large as my pod! She laughs.
-Thank you, she says.
-No problem, I say.
-Well... goodnight, I say and start backing away to my room.
-Goodnight Barb, Y/N says and walks into her room and closes the door.

Oh wow what a chic!