05 (Balbadd arc

((CW/foot deformity explained towards the end of the chapter))

Aladdin made the perfect distraction for Sinbad to get past Judar and the dark Djinn. Ja'far yelled something while we fled.

Buildings whipped by as Sinbad flew us towards the islands at the coast

Buildings whipped by as Sinbad flew us towards the islands at the coast. Under different circumstances I would have loved the view.

Instead I was screaming, "WAIT! WHY ARE YOU TAKING ME WITH YOU?????"

"You still haven't answered my question. I can't let you get away yet." Sinbad sounded far too excited all things considered.

His right hand released from my back as he reached for Baal. He was going to switch Djinn Equips while we were still over the water.

I wiggled my right arm out from his hold and wrapped it over his shoulder for added security and curled my head over his right since I couldn't get my left arm free in time.

The white hair that had been most of my view vanished as he dropped the Djinn Equip. We were falling.

Sinbad said Baal's incantation. I felt the skin of his arms become scales, saw his ponytail change color and dragon tail form.

At least we weren't falling anymore. I like heights, not the risk of dying from them.

"There he is." Sinbad was watching the sky as we landed.

The arms holding me loosen but only his right fully let go. I was guided to his left side as my feet were let back onto the ground. His scaled hand felt cool as it slid along my leg.

Sinbad had his sword aimed at what looked like a dark dot in the sky but I knew it had to be the member of Al Thamen. Lightning was already discharging from him. "Bararaq," Sinbad started his attack and I shut my eyes, "Saiqa!"

The air cracked. The sound vibrated through me. I could see the light even with my eyes closed. It felt like what I'd imaged it would be like at the center of a firework going off.

The light faded and so did Sinbad's Djinn Equip and remaining strength. I dropped my hold on Baal's sheath as I caught it's master.

 I dropped my hold on Baal's sheath as I caught it's master