31 Final Preparations/Denial

~POV Ja'far~
Ja'far was following Sin back to his office to help get done paperwork. A bunch had pilled up as a result of the King throwing his schedule to the wind the previous day, all so he could spend time with the Prophet.

Just as they started to pass a hallway, Sin stopped and backed up to the edge of the corner. Ja'far protested. "Sin, what are you doing?-"

The King cut him off with a "Shh." Whoever was in the hallway was gossiping, and he wanted to know what about. This was a bad habit of Sin's that Ja'far didn't think he'd ever get used to.

"'She was dressed to match his Majesty?' Are you sure?" It was about Mori again

"'She was dressed to match his Majesty?' Are you sure?" It was about Mori again. Ever since Mori had arrived there were rumors starting to float around, and they were becoming an especially popular topic ever since Sin invited them to dinner alone.

"It's what I was told." A male voice answered the female one from before. "It was one of the guys that does night shift in the Purple Leo Tower that told me. He said she was dressed head to toe in the same purples when she visited the King's chambers last week."

An older sounding man added, "Was there anyone who didn't see how he paraded her around the Palace yesterday afternoon?" Sin had finally taken Mori on a tour of the Palace when they left the Treasury.

Ja'far protested again. "Sin we don't have time to listen to this."

"Shh." His King silenced him again.

The woman laughed. "She didn't have those jewels on when she was here in the morning. His Majesty was showing off his gifts to her just as much as showing her off -don't ya think?" They weren't gifts, but it's not like anyone other than those involved would know that.

There was no avoiding the rumors at this point. Ja'far had told Mori not to worry about it because it would die off eventually, and right afterwards, as if to fan the flames higher, Sinbad gave Mori a tour of the Palace after taking her to the Treasury.

The first man said, "First the Magicians wouldn't stop talking about them and now this. I wouldn't be surprised if her 'official announcement as prophet' was a code name for His Majesty announcing his engagement."

Sinbad grumbled something under his breath. Ja'far sighed.

((This chapter has an omake that takes place here. You can read it in The Adventures of Simpbad Collection))

---
5 jewelry boxes cluttered King Sinbad's desk the following day when Ja'far gave him an update on state affairs. When the General finished and prepared to leave, Sin called, "Hold on a second, Ja'far." He stood up. "Come with me while I deliver these to Mori."

Ja'far was a proud representative of Sindria, and loyal to his King. And just like the rest of the Generals, he was not above pointing out when Sin was being an idiot. "If you're trying to use me to shield you from rumors, it's not going to work." Sin flinched. "All the gossips will pay attention to is that you visited the Prophet."