26 (Settling in Sindria -Meeting

((There's not a lot of art this time. I hope you can understand. I'm holding back here and next time so when I get to ch28 I can make a bunch of comics))

~POV Mori~
We were most of the way through the Court Yard when I realized I could have taken off my purple cover to help minimize the amount of purple I was wearing. Ja'far was so annoyed by the whole situation that I didn't have it in me to ask to turn around. The coat wasn't enough to hide the purple so I still got some shocked and curious expressions from guards and other people we passed. At least I better understood why this time. I ended up so nervous about my clothes that I forgot to pay attention to where we were going and just followed Ja'far. This was definitely a building with important stuff happening. Based on how many people I saw dressed similarly to Ja'far I wanted to guess this was the White Capricorn Tower but it could just as easily be any building where official work is done. I pulled on the collar of my matching uniform coat.

The only thing that stopped my nerves was reaching Sinbad's office

The only thing that stopped my nerves was reaching Sinbad's office. Regardless of why I was here, I was still excited to see it person. The wall of windows, the shelves on the opposite wall, the pattern on the floor, and the steps leading up to his desk were exactly like the anime. Maybe when this meeting was over I'd be allowed to look around. Ja'far announced our presence, and the King looked up from his desk. The waves that had been high since the previous night rose even higher. But I didn't have time to hyperfixate on the room, I had to be mentally present for this.

King Sinbad smiled as we walked up to his desk. "Good afternoon, my Beautiful Prophet! I hope you've been well."

"Well enough." But only because I slept in.

Sinbad responded with a practiced positive tone. "Good. Good. Now then..." The doors to the office clicked close as we reached the steps, and the waves tried to rush me towards the King faster. "We are currently planning your official announcement as Sindria's Prophet. It will be a few days from now."

That made sense, but was it really something that he needed to tell me in person?

Ja'far walked over to stand next to Sinbad while I stayed standing in front of his desk.

"That's also when I'll introduce you to the representatives of my Seven Seas Alliance." The King's smile didn't leave, but his expression gained a more serious note. "News about your arrival has already reached them. During the meeting this morning, those from Sassan asked about you and your visions directly."

"Because my visions seem like blessings from 'God?'"

"That's right"

Ugh. I was not looking forward to talking with people from Sassan. In their religion, men could not make eye contact with women, and their rules around conversation seemed only a little less strict. They are completely ignorant of people who don't fall into the binary too. There was even a side comic where Pisti and Sharrkan confront Spartos about how there are 'pretty people that are neither man or woman... (and) have ascended gender,' and introduce him to such people in Sindria. Wait... Was it something else that the me writing this found after I isekaied? ((Yeah)) I would have already corrected them about my gender otherwise. ((I know, right?? Sorry)) This is my self indulgent fanfiction; I'll be fine. And besides, I definitely wanted to have people around me that accepted my gender if I had to talk to people that wouldn't understand at all. This was going to be a stressful week.